Shinko Tire Information

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
Does this tire fit the stock rim and clear the stock swingarm? Just picked up a nail and I need a cheap one for the summer until I do the 18" conversion. I can get this one shipped for $84.00.

Re: Shinko 170/80 15 Info needed..

Yes that will fit.
I run a metzler 170/80/15 and it clears the swingarm, not by much but it does.

Thanks, I know the Metzler and the Dunlap 404 clear, I wasn't sure about this one. The 170's are a close fit and not all of them are exactly the same size.

Thanks, I know the Metzler and the Dunlap 404 clear, I wasn't sure about this one. The 170's are a close fit and not all of them are exactly the same size.

The ME880 in 170-15 fit my '99 just fine without moving the washer....

Does this tire fit the stock rim and clear the stock swingarm? Just picked up a nail and I need a cheap one for the summer until I do the 18" conversion. I can get this one shipped for $84.00.

Yes I am running the Shinko Tourmaster also and luv it

Yes I am running the Shinko Tourmaster also and luv it

That's good news because I already ordered it. Most people on the web say good things about Shinko even though it's a budget priced tire.

That's good news because I already ordered it. Most people on the web say good things about Shinko even though it's a budget priced tire.

Its the only tire I will run fro here on out on the stock rear wheel
You will like it keep us posted on your opinon on the tire when you install it

How many miles to Shinko's last?

I put the Shinko on the stock rim today, 170/80-15. I was suprised to see that with a stock swingarm I have at least a 1/4" of clearance. That's about what I had with the stock tire.

Its the only tire I will run fro here on out on the stock rear wheel
You will like it keep us posted on your opinon on the tire when you install it

I'm rapidly approaching a new set of tires and wondered if you've run the Dunlop Qual's before going to Shinko. If yes, give me a run-down on the differences noted?

Thanks for your time Brother.

My wife bought me a Shinko 005 raven to put on right after UFO race day.Not quite as sticky as the 003 stealth but I'd like to get more than 1000 miles out of it.180/55zr17

Whats your opinion of the Shinko Tour Master tire now that you have it on

How does the Tourmaster mileage compare with the Metz ME880?

I have heard that the metzler's have the best tire wear .? but never seen a shinko or have anyone that has one

I have heard that the metzler's have the best tire wear .? but never seen a shinko or have anyone that has one

My 880 marathons barely made 3000 miles.If I still had an 15" rim I would run the shinko in a heart beat!

I am not going there anymore. I have expressed my opinion on the Shinko tire. Everyone wants to argue. No one else here runs a 170-80-15. Your only going by the Shinko that was bought from Yokahoma which was none as the 003 compaund for dragracing.
This Shinko tire we are talking about is 170-80-15 Tourmaster. Yeah ya say a touring tire... no traction.. but I can holeshot 1.55's all day long with it and Pull anyone out of the hole with the ME880. Dont get me wrong I like the ME880 tire and I run them on the front. In all honesty I like the Michelin, than the Shinko and than the ME880 as far as rear tires. I just dont like paying the Michelin price to burn off.

How can anyone judge a tire by asking "How many miles do you get" :confused2:

I have a crappy dunlop, that has been on the back for 6 months still looks brand new . Oh does it matter that the bike has not moved for 3.5 months ? :rofl_200: Were can I buy a shinko lankee ? I bought the dunlop just because where I work we have access to dunlop dealers .

How can you judge a tire that is spinning half of the time?As Paul Zcernics likes to say,How can you tell good if you don't know bad?

I don't know about best mileage but my latest have done pretty good. Pretty close to 10,000.

Back