Tire Machine Recommendations?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redrum

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a small farm and would like to get a tire machine to change everything from motorcycle and 4 wheeler tires to 3500 Ram dually and equipment trailer tires. I currently have an old Coats 1010 that works for 15" car tires but not much else. I looked at some Hunter tire changers but really can't justify ~$8k since I am not a tire shop. Plus they wouldn't deal.

I know the other big one is Coats but I've heard bad things about them lately and their less expensive stuff (its all expensive) does not seem to have a lot of power.

I really don't want a cheaply made, weak machine. I can justify about $5k for a machine, maybe a bit more. Anyways my main requirement is a lot of power and size flexibility. I don't need all the frills and aids. I'm old but strong enough to lift tires.

I'm thinking a table top model is the way to go.

Any recommendations?

I don't want to start a hate thread but recommendations on what NOT to get are also welcome! I don't want to get something that can't do the job.

Last edited:
I suggest keeping an eye out for municipal County or state auctions for Surplus equipment.

Hi,

I've got a small farm and would like to get a tire machine to change everything from motorcycle and 4 wheeler tires to 3500 Ram dually and equipment trailer tires. I currently have an old Coats 1010 that works for 15" car tires but not much else. I looked at some Hunter tire changers but really can't justify ~$8k since I am not a tire shop. Plus they wouldn't deal.

I know the other big one is Coats but I've heard bad things about them lately and their less expensive stuff (its all expensive) does not seem to have a lot of power.

I really don't want a cheaply made, weak machine. I can justify about $5k for a machine, maybe a bit more. Anyways my main requirement is a lot of power and size flexibility. I don't need all the frills and aids. I'm old but strong enough to lift tires.

I'm thinking a table top model is the way to go.

Any recommendations?

I don't want to start a hate thread but recommendations on what NOT to get are also welcome! I don't want to get something that can't do the job.
I have been using a Derek Weaver for about 4 years now . I do mostly bike tires but I do change the tires on my 1 ton and my jeep and my other vehicles. I have no complaints so far. I also have a couple friends that bought them and have no complaints. I have there top of the line machine and there more basic balancer .

Attachments

• 20180215_122348.jpg
    20180215_122348.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I have been using a Derek Weaver for about 4 years now . I do mostly bike tires but I do change the tires on my 1 ton and my jeep and my other vehicles. I have no complaints so far. I also have a couple friends that bought them and have no complaints. I have there top of the line machine and there more basic balancer .
Thanks Derek Weaver was not on my radar

Well I bought a lift and tire machine from Aston Technologies. BIG mistake! I have issues with both machines! Long story short in talking to them and emails they just deny there are any issues, argue and call me a liar. For the last month they have done nothing to fix these issues. They are just importers and have no knowledge of the machines and do not seem to have any parts. I can go into more details if anyone cares.

I've gotten eBay involved and hope to get some satisfaction

It looks like KATOOL is the same junk.

Bottom line: stay away from Aston Technologies!

I use a TMG 24 and their balancer. Truck tires are no problem. Ordering the adapter kit for bike tires. Might suit your budget. I haven't heard back from them about mounting motorcycle wheels on the balancer though.

Back