Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, the judicial standard-bearer of the conservative movement and the court's most provocative member, died Saturday. He was 79.

‎His death means President Obama could have an unprecedented chance to try to shift the balance of the court during his final year in office -- setting up a Senate battle in the heat of an election year.

The U.S. Marshals Service in Washington confirmed Scalia's death at a private residence in the Big Bend area of south Texas.

The service's spokeswoman, Donna Sellers, says Scalia had retired for the evening and was found dead Saturday morning when he did not appear for breakfast.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/13/supreme-court-justice-scalia-dead-at-79.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Great turn of events. Now Obama can appoint Bill Clinton. Bill can make sure Hilary wins just like Scalia did with Bush over Gore, then Hilary can appoint Obama when another retires. It all works out.

Did Dave post anything of Value? Unfortunately he is 1 of 2 people that I have blocked.....hmmmm its possible that I MIGHT miss something of value?.....NAHHHHHH I dont think so....

So much for the idea of "friendship and Brotherhood". Evidently someone who posts opinions not in line with what passes for the majority's beliefs sets himself up for ridicule and abuse. I thought better of you guys. Too bad I was mistaken. Dave may spout off unpopular opinions, but that gives nobody the right to name call, or insult him. I never read of him calling any of you A-holes.. Or posting stupid pictures meant to insult him. Or showing the hatred to you that you guys evidently take great sport in showing him.

My problem with Dave is that he will INTENTIONALLY post off the wall opinions to get people riled up. The main reason for this forum is to help out other Vmaxxers that have issues with the bikes....and as a side note....there is a section called the burn out pit.

But.....where does someone fall when they dont post anything to help out anyone with an issue, its done strictly to aggravate people? It makes you wonder when someone will post, and then suddenly get off.

This is not a good turn of events. I'm counting on Republicans, and any help from Democrats that care about their country, to fight the lame duck tooth and nail. This could be a set back. Hopefully not. Rest in Peace Antonin Scalia. And thank you.

Great turn of events. Now Obama can appoint Bill Clinton. Bill can make sure Hilary wins just like Scalia did with Bush over Gore, then Hilary can appoint Obama when another retires. It all works out.

I think this is a sarcastic comment, there is no way he was serious with this post. As far as name calling and direct personal attacks, I agree that it is usually not called for. However when someone trolls they kick open the floodgates to receive custom tailored personal attention. I'm not going to dignify his postings beyond this but I cant blame anyone else for doing so.

Clinton cannot practice law but that cannot preclude him from being appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court (I believe). Obama is in nearly the same boat having voluntarily retired his law license in Illinois in 2008.
Lawyers who voluntarily change their registration status to inactive or retired “may not practice law based upon their Illinois license or hold themselves out as being so authorized,” according to the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois."
Somebody is just :stir pot: ad nauseam!

So much for the idea of "friendship and Brotherhood". Evidently someone who posts opinions not in line with what passes for the majority's beliefs sets himself up for ridicule and abuse. I thought better of you guys. Too bad I was mistaken. Dave may spout off unpopular opinions, but that gives nobody the right to name call, or insult him. I never read of him calling any of you A-holes.. Or posting stupid pictures meant to insult him. Or showing the hatred to you that you guys evidently take great sport in showing him.
My apologies to Dave.
I seem to remember someone else getting run off this because of shit like this too. Damn shame.

I never was one to gang up on people. We had a few kids in High School that were regular targets of people that would be called "bullies" today. I could not stand by and let these kids be picked on. When I and a few friends are the only ones to come to bat for them, it made us targets too. We put up with a lot of shit from the frat boys and jocks. 50 years later, I look back on that time and still would do the same thing as I did in 1966.

Disagreement is fine. Personal attack only makes the attacker look juvenile. With one exception, I call you all friends. I probably won't ever meet most of you, but you'd all be welcome to have a beer and dinner at our house. This would include Dave.

Well let say something on the matter. I do believe in the "Brotherhood of the Vmax". I dont like a lot of the stuff that Dave posts....due to the simple fact that I feel that he is just posting stuff to get people riled up...and not posting ANYTHING to help people. For him its a liberal ideology.

I have friends....and friends that are on this forum, that are not conservative. So, when we call each other to see whats happening, or to offer advice, we dont talk politics.

I have a conservative mindset...its not an ideology. I believe that with the email scandal with Hillary, she should be tossed in Jail. If there was a republican candidate that did the same thing...they should be thrown in jail as well.

I dont like what Dave posts......but if he was broke down on the side of the road, I would still help him.....or go get him as well, and put him up for the night, and help fix the bike....etc. THAT IS WHAT THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE VMAX IS ALL ABOUT.

My apologies to Dave.
I seem to remember someone else getting run off this because of shit like this too. Damn shame.

Your buddy made fun of a few misspelled words That auto corrected me on but still I didn't choose the right word . I felt he picked on me on different occasions and when I said something back he pm'd me and asked if I would like to meet I said what do you have in mind a beer and talk vmax's or what ! no reply back .. If I misspell or put a comma or a cuss word well so be it It's who I am ..

Passions run very high with this subject. Here in American we are teetering precariously on a ledge with a coming election and not ONE single qualified candidate. The death of this justice does nothing to help our cause to preserve America, its a painful time to see what is coming down the line and there is nothing we can legally do about it. It's easy to understand harsh reactions given everything that is at stake for us stateside.

While I dont recall calling Dave a name, I was not kind. I to believe it was trolling and not simply expressing a different opinion, the reaction he got was what I'm sure he expected. I would not leave him broken down on the side of the road either, but I'm not sure he and I would have much quality time bonding, I consider trolling a red flag, especially in an adult.

Your buddy made fun of a few misspelled words That auto corrected me on but still I didn't choose the right word . I felt he picked on me on different occasions and when I said something back he pm'd me and asked if I would like to meet I said what do you have in mind a beer and talk vmax's or what ! no reply back .. If I misspell or put a comma or a cuss word well so be it It's who I am ..
Jaime I asked him about it and he said it was retaliation from a comment you made about his typo.
He told me he typed 144 mpg instead of miles per tank and he got ribbed by quite a few guys for it, you being one of them.

Back