VMAX Engine Weight (gen 1)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
Does anybody know the exact weight of a fully dressed (with carbs.) stock VMAX engine? Did a search but didn't come up with anything definite.

not sure but chris and I had a debate going on this this weekend so it'd be itneresting to know!

I haven't got the exact weight in awhile but want to say 250lbs give or take. Should know today less carbs and with Pallet and rear diff. Should be able to calculate after that.

Sean

I am going to have mine out in a few days so I can tell you then. It will be without coolant or oil. Those would easy to weigh separately though.
Cheers

Thank You
That sounds about right... that converts to about 225 lbs. Was that with the carbs. and the output yoke for the shaft drive?

Was that including oil? Had coolant been drained?

With all stuff including covers and with full coolant and some oil(not sure how much).The scales that i use was my sister bathroom scales for body weight :)
Anyway I have very similar weight to max engine LOL :rofl_200:

BTW my friend once tried on empty one and get about 80kg.
I dont know any details with/without but if you're want to know it deadly
i can call to him :p
As far i remember he was shipping engine via DHL transit so it could be
a real info.

Cheers ;)

Well lots of changes with engines over years. Oil filter, starter motor, pickup etc
Also it could be difrences with cases but it would be not a big deal.

I will call to that guy anyway, im just curious :biglaugh:

I've forgot about this thread deadly :worthy:

I've spoke with that guy who sending his engine.
It was:
-88 european model
-without the carbs
-with oil
-without the coolant

He claimed 84 kg.

I've forgot about this thread deadly :worthy:

I've spoke with that guy who sending his engine.
It was:
-88 european model
-without the carbs
-with oil
-without the coolant

He claimed 84 kg.

Thank You satariel666... I'll weigh a set of carbs today and post the weight with.

Gary
242 lbs

With
Carbs (9.8 lbs just by themselves, that is a heavy set up)
Hoses
Intakes, rubber boots & clamps
V-Boost assembly

Without
Coolant
Oil
Final Drive assembly

Also this is a 1300 venture block. Hope that doesnt throw off what you were looking for.

Not an easy undertaking by any means but now we all know that for general purposes a VMax engine all by itself weighs in at 232 lbs.
Shit I weigh the same as my engine, time to go on a diet and start working out
Cheers

Thank You... that engines a heavy bugger eh! Soon I hope to have the time to start that spread sheet on the bike part weights. Hope to get it right down to fastners... should be interesting.

I've been eating brownies lately. Trying different recipies, think it's a bad experiment. Gotta hit the gym myself. Good luck with your diet!

Latest posts

Back