09 V-Max top speed ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast Freddy

Reaction score
i read an article in a new motorcycle magazine yesterday that said the new V-Max was turning 3,900 rpm's in 5th gear at 70 mph. i think the magazine was Cycle World? anyway, that means at 140 mph the motor is spinning at 7,800 rpm's. i see that according to the dyno the bike makes 174 rwhp at 9,000 rpm's. so if my math is correct this bike can do 158.76 mph mph in 5th gear at 9,000 rpm's :git:

i assume when power commander makes a tuner for the new Max that they will build a way into that allows you to "deristrict" the top speed governor on the bike. that bein the case an aftermarket exhaust system with a tune should make this bike go at least 160 mph :th_rockon:

i read an article in a new motorcycle magazine yesterday that said the new V-Max was turning 3,900 rpm's in 5th gear at 70 mph. i think the magazine was Cycle World? anyway, that means at 140 mph the motor is spinning at 7,800 rpm's. i see that according to the dyno the bike makes 174 rwhp at 9,000 rpm's. so if my math is correct this bike can do 158.76 mph mph in 5th gear at 9,000 rpm's :git:

i assume when power commander makes a tuner for the new Max that they will build a way into that allows you to "deristrict" the top speed governor on the bike. that bein the case an aftermarket exhaust system with a tune should make this bike go at least 160 mph :th_rockon:

I went to dinner with some VMOA Members last night.
We rode out to the Swamp House Grill in Debary. Great Food there!
Joe from Boxenstopp mentioned that someone in Germany is already making new cams and cdi box for the new 09 Max. To increase the horse power and eliminate the limiter.
Course I have not seen this any info with my own eyes. So at this point it is pure speculation and rumor on my part.

Latest posts

Back