09 VMAX wheels on previous models???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Reaction score
:ummm:
Anyone know if the 09 VMAX wheels will work on the previous models? The rear wheel of the new VMAX is 3.5" wide, so it is the same width as the the custom wheels that fit the older models, just not sure about the driveshaft/hub bolting up.

Without having the wheels in front of me to take measurements, I doubt it. My supposition is that you would need to have new bearings, spacers, etc. made to even attempt a swap. On top of this we have no idea what the mating interface between the new rear wheel/diff look like. Know that there are only so many ways to set up the gears, but there is only one way that will work:biglaugh:

I'm sorry, where did you get the info about the new rear wheel only being that wide?? The width of tire they have on it will not safely fit onto that dimension (even per the manufacturers websites).

Sean

To answer your original question. The rear wheel might be able to be made to fit as we have fit as wide as 6" wheels in there and I am not sure about the front but I think it may fit too.

I let the dumbshits know that the specs they have listed are wrong. We'll see if they respong and correct it.

The custom wheels that were done on the show bike used a 8.5" rear wheel which will for sure not fit.

Sean

I'll probably end up going with the UFO 18" black powder coated Max Daddy rear wheel since it is an exact macth for the front and no mods are needed to make it fit. I was just hoping to find another way that costs less. Seems as though there are quite a few options for polished or chrome, but not so much for the black powder coated wheels. When I saw that the 09 VMAX had, what I thought to be, the same size wheel, I was blinded by the fact that I thought I might have found something, not even thinking that the 200 rear tire would not safely fit on a 3.5" wheel.

Back