1200 cc 2 stroke V6

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at this home-built Yamaha-based engine. Get it into a 400 lb bike & stand back!

-'fire-medic'

TWO-STROKE tuning legend Stan Stephens is near completion of an insane 1200cc V6 two-stroke.

Pictures tweeted by his son Harley reveal the motor in all its glory. He says the barrels come from Yamaha’s Banshee quad bike, a 350cc twin with an engine developed from the legendary RD350LC motor. Mounted on a V6 crankcase built up from one-and-a-half RD500 motors, the result promises to be something rather special.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle...1200cc-v6-two-stroke/28202.html#ixzz3mw2CyGO0

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Suzuki "Water Buffalo" 3 cyl 750 two-stroke, they called it "pots & pans" or something like that because of the side-by-side pots appearance.

Reminds me of the Suzuki "Water Buffalo" 3 cyl 750 two-stroke, they called it "pots & pans" or something like that because of the side-by-side pots appearance.

I had the kawasaki 750 mach iv 3 cyl 2 stroke and the yamaha rd 350- both smoked like crazy but ran that way too.
That 350 motor looks tough.

I had a buffalo. It was beautiful. Start it up and pop pop pop pop overlapped by pop pop pop pop. It made a really neat sound wfo.
Missed a turn and got lost, but I didn't realize I was lost yet. Figured it out in a hurry when the road ended in a t after a little curve and hill. That fat bastard almost killed me. A deep ditch followed by a field. It was dark and the stock headlight was.....not great. Damp pavement at about 45 mph, not a chance.
Woke up in the cornfield. Looked around, jumped up and found my bike but not my breath. Broken rib, punctured and collapsed lung, part of my calf muscle missing, fractured c6 and t9 vertibre, and bit my bottom lip in half.

5 months off work and grateful to be walking.

The bike faired no better. Still have a couple pieces of it. Haven't sold them yet.

Got more compliments on that bike than any I have owned. People KNEW that bike and what it's rep was.

What kind of HP numbers do you suppose that thing will make? Looks like it would be a beast.....and yeah, all those expansion chambers in the exhaust should be interesting.

Well it's my understanding that the 500cc 2stroke moto gp bikes made in the vicinity of 200hp. I for one love 2 strokes. The possibilities of big multi cylinder 2 stroke monsters is just ........mind boggling. Throw me the keys to any bike that motor ends up in, I'll definitely take it for a ride.

Sooooooooo considering the increase in size being linear that would put this bike north of 400 HP.

How the hell would you keep that kind of HP hooked up to the ground without a drag slick.
Call me a wuss but 400 HP is more power than my Tahoe makes in a package that weighs about 10% what it weighs.

....If you romped on the throttle I suspect the world would look like the cockpit view of from the Mellinum Falcon when they make the jump to light speed.
2013august3_lightspeed_v2.jpg

Latest posts

Back