17" wheels and extended swingarm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just me but prefer the 18" 2 reasons , fills in the rear fender and the 18" works well with the stock gearing so you dont need the venture setup.

I agree, I like the look of 18s. Just wish there were some lighter options. I just picked up a venture rear just in case.

kosman might, they are a full machine shop, i'd call and ask. they're under new mgmt right now so it'd be interesting to find out.

they might be able to move the hub(s) over. i think you'd be just as happy with the normal rear 3.5x15 to 5.5x17 or 18 and front 2.15x18 to 2.5x18.

I sent them an email earlier to ask if they still do the conversions with sportbike wheels. I had my swingarm set up to be offset to the left. Sean says this will center aftermarket wheels on the bike but the oem wheel would be to the left cause aftermarket wheels typically have more offset than stock. So, if get a kosman weldup based on the oem wheel it would we be too far left unless they build offset into it. Shoulda just left the damn thing stock, I wouldn't have to worry bout all this shit!

Ah, don't email, call them.

Talk to them about the offset an see what they say.
I sent them an email earlier to ask if they still do the conversions with sportbike wheels. I had my swingarm set up to be offset to the left. Sean says this will center aftermarket wheels on the bike but the oem wheel would be to the left cause aftermarket wheels typically have more offset than stock. So, if get a kosman weldup based on the oem wheel it would we be too far left unless they build offset into it. Shoulda just left the damn thing stock, I wouldn't have to worry bout all this shit!

The bolt up (normal) conversion Kosman does is offset to the right. The weldup conversion would stay in the stock location depending on the core wheel he uses and how he does the weld up.

Sean

The bolt up (normal) conversion Kosman does is offset to the right. The weldup conversion would stay in the stock location depending on the core wheel he uses and how he does the weld up.

Sean

good point, i used an '85 wheel which didn't have the material to do a bolt up, basically they did a normal weld-up job.

I contacted John @ PCW, he said no. Quote from John.

"Sorry, I do not. Never got involved with the shaft drive stuff. We started in V-Max because of the chain drive conversions"

so ur going chain drive!:eusa_dance:

Got in touch with Tom @ COO. He took the time to answer a slew of questions from me and said he could do it, no problem. Nice guy, thanks for the help. Now, I just need to make a decision.

Did you try UFO Max Daddy?LOL . When i was at Pcw Brendon said they convert gsxr wheels for the vmax must just be chain drives,Sometimes Furbur has used sets at his shop so check with him.

Back