• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1985 (1st year #444) Vmax For Sale Price Drop $6750

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dij0674

Reaction score
Hi All,

I haven't been very active on the forum for a few years, hope everyone is doing well, I've had some medical (low back and neck) issues that have stopped me from riding.

My father in law is at a point where he can't ride anymore either, he's asked me to sell his V-Max for him.

He's the original owner and has a clean PA title.
It's a 1985 vintage year and has a serial number of #441 #444, is a dark purple color and has been well taken care of.
The motor was rebuilt and the transmission was replaced by PCW racing out of Schenectady, NY a couple of years ago.

The bike is clean, runs very well, and is ready for a new rider and many more miles.

Asking price is $7,000 OBO. The buyer is responsible for pick up or shipping.

I can answer any questions, please reply, dm, or text me at, six one zero - 220 - six four 04

Respectfully,

Damien

Attachments

• pauls-vmax-02.jpg
    pauls-vmax-02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • pauls-vmax-01.jpg
    pauls-vmax-01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240115_113619.jpg
    IMG_20240115_113619.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240115_113606.jpg
    IMG_20240115_113606.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240115_113553.jpg
    IMG_20240115_113553.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
A great-appearing '85, w/the different footpegs and the embossed 'VMax' aluminum side cover, and spoked cast-aluminum front, and distinctive dish rear wheel.. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Best of luck in selling two desirable bikes.

1705288199129.png

That's #341 in the '85 USA bikes for its production number. I like the dark purple-blue color more-than the burgundy '85 bikes.

Hi All,

I haven't been very active on the forum for a few years, hope everyone is doing well, I've had some medical (low back and neck) issues that have stopped me from riding.

My father in law is at a point where he can't ride anymore either, he's asked me to sell his V-Max for him.

He's the original owner and has a clean PA title.
It's a 1985 vintage year and has a serial number of #441 #444, is a dark purple color and has been well taken care of.
The motor was rebuilt and the transmission was replaced by PCW racing out of Schenectady, NY a couple of years ago.

The bike is clean, runs very well, and is ready for a new rider and many more miles.

Asking price is $7,000 OBO. The buyer is responsible for pick up or shipping.

I can answer any questions, please reply, dm, or text me at, six one zero - 220 - six four 04

Respectfully,

Damien
what all was done to the motor ? any spec sheets ?

what all was done to the motor ? any spec sheets ?
I spoke with my father in law, he doesn't know where the paper work is from PCW Racing in Schenectady, NY and the shop is closed or I can't find a way to get replacement paper work from them.

I know the 2nd gear was fixed, and believe the motor was refreshed and tuned up, those guys did great work. My father in law is very happy with the work and rode the bike for another season before he became ill and couldn't ride anymore.

I think they also put a new voltage regulator in as part of this work.

The motor is stock, no mods or performance parts installed.

The bike runs very well and is clean.

FYI: that's a whole lot of money for a bike that looks like it's in rough shape. Foot pegs are worn to the point of needing to be replaced, engine casing looks rough to the point it might have been dropped, tear in the seat, rust under the rear foot peg, doesn't have the manifold covers on it, doesn't have the factory mirrors...

You're asking top drawer, factory fresh, 2,500 miles, never spent a single night outside money for a bike that looks like it's been ridden hard and put up wet.

Frankly, I think you'll be lucky to get 4,000 for it. Being an '85 doesn't instantly make it valuable. It's got to be in pristine condition to fetch that kind of money.

FYI: that's a whole lot of money for a bike that looks like it's in rough shape. Foot pegs are worn to the point of needing to be replaced, engine casing looks rough to the point it might have been dropped, tear in the seat, rust under the rear foot peg, doesn't have the manifold covers on it, doesn't have the factory mirrors...

You're asking top drawer, factory fresh, 2,500 miles, never spent a single night outside money for a bike that looks like it's been ridden hard and put up wet.

Frankly, I think you'll be lucky to get 4,000 for it. Being an '85 doesn't instantly make it valuable. It's got to be in pristine condition to fetch that kind of money.
Thanks for the feedback, doesn't sound like it's the bike for you.

Back