• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1988 Vmax for sale - Iowa - SOLD

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barber1303

Reaction score
This is a 1988 model year that I've owned and ridden for the past 3 years. I bought it to ride while I performed a full restoration on my 1985 Vmax, but now need to part with as riding it is keeping me from getting the '85 done. This bike is mostly stock with some upgrades and replacements. The original ignition module failed and I upgraded it with an Ignitech (ignitech.cz) programmable module, which is currently programmed to the stock Vmax ignition curves. The fork seals were replaced 2 years ago. The backrest and crash bars were powder coated last year. A new regulator/rectifier (RMStator) was installed last year. The clutch slave cylinder was rebuilt last year, and the valve clearances were checked and reset last month. The original seat was worn out, so I replaced it with one in much nicer shape from a newer model. The mechanicals are very solid with no transmission or carburetion issues and the exciting performance one would expect from a Vmax. That said, the cosmetics aren't as nice as I'd like. The paint on the engine has peeled and there are various scuffs and scrapes on the bodywork.
Clean and clear Iowa title in my name. Ready to ride to wherever you need to transport it.
Please review the pictures closely and let me know if you have any questions or would like to see it in person.

$3250 OBO

Located in northeast Iowa, just south of the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area.

IMG_1400.JPG
IMG_1405.JPGIMG_1398.JPGIMG_1399.JPGIMG_1401.JPGIMG_1402.JPGIMG_1403.JPGIMG_1406.JPGIMG_1407.JPGIMG_1408.JPG

Last edited:
Good shape, appears well cared-for. Some detail work by a new owner, and it will get attention on bike night. Is the 26K miles showing, what it has?

Back