1st Annual Vmax Rally In the Valley Maggie Valley NC

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I am looking forward to it. I suggest booking the room early. I think we have about 10 of us so far.

Booked!

The lady at Clarketon says that as of today, she still has 5 single queen bed rooms, 3 double queen bed rooms, and 2 single king bed rooms available.

Please NOTE: If you are attempting to make these reservations via their online service, it ain't going to work and will return a message that she is booked full already for those dates, as she has taken those dates off the table in order to reserve the entire motel for the Vmax group.

Kyle, have you ever had the chance to check out Bald River Falls, on River Road, off the back side of the Cherohala Skyway? If you haven't, perhaps you could check it out before the rally, and consider putting it on one of your daily route itineraries. Well worth it IMO, it's awful purdy back there, and a great photo op with the water falling in the background.

Kyle, have you ever had the chance to check out Bald River Falls, on River Road, off the back side of the Cherohala Skyway? If you haven't, perhaps you could check it out before the rally, and consider putting it on one of your daily route itineraries. Well worth it IMO, it's awful purdy back there, and a great photo op with the water falling in the background.

Glad to see you booked ! Yeah I have been by Bald River a few times it is a pretty neat place. I was also thinking about Dry falls to its really cool to. I will just have to see what all we can fit in but I figured everyone would want to do the Dragon & the Cherahola for sure.

September may be doable, but depends on when our Newfoundland trip takes place. Tom and I rode the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28 from 129 down to 143 over to Robbinsville.
Lots of nice roads to ride in the area, very envious of Kyle's new location, an early evening ride on any of those roads from your doorstep would be heaven!

September may be doable, but depends on when our Newfoundland trip takes place. Tom and I rode the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner 28 from 129 down to 143 over to Robbinsville.
Lots of nice roads to ride in the area, very envious of Kyle's new location, an early evening ride on any of those roads from your doorstep would be heaven!

Look's like Tom aka Beekeeper, is coming with me Brian, would be great if we all could hook up and go together, think about it ?? :biglaugh:

Glad to see you booked ! Yeah I have been by Bald River a few times it is a pretty neat place. I was also thinking about Dry falls to its really cool to. I will just have to see what all we can fit in but I figured everyone would want to do the Dragon & the Cherahola for sure.

Yep yep, but sure don't want to forget to try to squeeze out time to go down the Moonshiner 28 as well. And maybe a group photo of us lined up under Bridal Veil Falls on our way down there? That'd be beyond cool.

..........BRP, 441 to Gatlinburg..........oh chit, not enough time.....now I'm going to peruse Maps.google the rest of the day.........chit, it's been too long.

Yep yep, but sure don't want to forget to try to squeeze out time to go down the Moonshiner 28 as well. And maybe a group photo of us lined up under Bridal Veil Falls on our way down there? That'd be beyond cool.

..........BRP, 441 to Gatlinburg..........oh chit, not enough time.....now I'm going to peruse Maps.google the rest of the day.........chit, it's been too long.

We can hit Moonshiner on the way to the Dragon that is not a problem at all not sure how far out of the way Bridal Veils is. I figured Moonshiner down the Dragon & across the Cherahola would be a good long day ride but we can just kind of play it by ear. Stanley will be here early & I am sure me & him will get some riding in ahead of time.

Um, drop down US 23 from Maggie to the Franklin, NC area, then UP the Moonshiner to get to the dragon = only 111 miles. Of course, then we'd be doing the actual dragon, then have to pick a way all the way back to Maggie Valley. Doable, but perhaps not everyones cup of tea to ride that many curvy, fun miles in one outing. Bridal Veil Falls is another 16-17 miles south of Franklin, NC.

Could do the Cherohala on a different day?

Whichever, it'll all be 100% enjoyable, I'm sure. Too many good roads in that area, and soooooooooo little time.......

Um, drop down US 23 from Maggie to the Franklin, NC area, then UP the Moonshiner to get to the dragon = only 111 miles. Of course, then we'd be doing the actual dragon, then have to pick a way all the way back to Maggie Valley. Doable, but perhaps not everyones cup of tea to ride that many curvy, fun miles in one outing. Bridal Veil Falls is another 16-17 miles south of Franklin, NC.

Could do the Cherohala on a different day?

Whichever, it'll all be 100% enjoyable, I'm sure. Too many good roads in that area, and soooooooooo little time.......

Yeah I was thinking about that after I posted it. 200 miles around here can wear a person out. I was not thinking either . I am used to running these roads on the wing by myself & don't really stop to see the sights much since I ride them all the time and other people would probably like to stop more.

I was originally thinking your route & follow the Dragon all the way to 411 hang a left go to 360 & follow it to the cherohala & head back across to 28 & back to MV but that probably is a bit long .

Should be there got the Ok from the wife last night... First she said I had to stay with the in-laws, until I reminded her it was going to be over a hour drive to meet up with you guys...lol

Cool looking forward to it. I am sure there might be someone willing to split a room to if it came down to it. Although the rooms are pretty reasonable.

Whatever, whichever, route(s) you decide, I'm sure everyone will be thrilled and have a great time.

Whatever, whichever, route(s) you decide, I'm sure everyone will be thrilled and have a great time.
Thanks I will get some actual routes together before then. I live 2 hours from MV and am used to coming from this side & doing things . As soon as it gets where it is safe to ride in the higher elevations I will go over there & do some actual rides from the motel by myself & figure out how many miles hours etc. it takes to do them. Man it sucks to be me to have go do all this riding in the mountains for yall. :rofl_200:

Thinking Scuff and I will show up a couple of days early to get some extra mountain riding in!...............:punk:...............Tom.

Yeah I was thinking about that after I posted it. 200 miles around here can wear a person out. I was not thinking either . I am used to running these roads on the wing by myself & don't really stop to see the sights much since I ride them all the time and other people would probably like to stop more.

I was originally thinking your route & follow the Dragon all the way to 411 hang a left go to 360 & follow it to the cherohala & head back across to 28 & back to MV but that probably is a bit long .
I found that if I wanted to push a little there was no time for sightseeing. Not much time between turns on the Dragon, not a good idea to ride out of you lane with oncoming traffic and there is little to no shoulder for the most part and in some area's it's a long, nasty tree/rock down a very steep embankment if you go off.
I'll see what I can do Jamie, maybe get a DVR with a screen on the back rack of pictures of all the Redhead's, but that maybe a bad idea when some of the extra sexy one's come up!:confused2:

Back