2 down cylinders. 1260 big bore?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad97

Reaction score
well i had a sneaky suspition that i had a bad cylinder so i went ahead and checked all 4. 2 were good with 160psi and less than 10% for leak down and the other 2 were 140 and 20% or so for the leak down. now i think i might as well do the 1260 big bore. what do you guys think. and i might run NOS after to. and i am new to this site so just looking for some of youre thoughts. and its a 97 with 4-1 kerker stage 7 jets, under cut gears and lowered.

my suggestion is to make it 1300cc which is the best setup for power and everyday use. i dont know if you will install forged pistons or oem yamaha's. i know yamaha makes 1260 kit for the v-max ,,it was my previous setup. if you install forged pistons and rods go to 1300cc.it is the same cost. You can talk to Sean which i am sure he will help you out since it is his job and we all know he does his job well.

I just noticed that you are new member here. and if you get confused with the name Sean. I am talking about Sean Morley search this forum,find him and you can send him a private message.
welcome to our world.

yea ive seen him on here or at least other people talking about him. i was just gonna do it my self because of the equipment i have available to me. but if i have trouble i will def get ahold of someone on here for help. thanks for the sugestion for the 1300 ill look into that to.

The bare block is bore larger then the sleeves installed. We can bore a stock vmax block 2.5mm with the stock sleeves (1275cc) though we usually just bore 2mm (1261cc). The Venture can be bored 1.5mm though we usually stay at 1mm.

I can assist with parts or just simple guidance. Whatever you need I am here to help.

We can even stroke the crank 2mm and reuse the stock pistons. This lets us get 12:1 compression and more cc's without even having to take the heads off!

Sean

Sean

Back