2009 Bike of the year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
Just got this months issue of motorcyclist magazine naming thier bikes of the 2009 year.

"2009 Best Cruiser,

Star Vmax

Its Somewhere between affliction and obsession. Turn a red light green and some of us - We know who we are, and so does the DMV - devour the next city block, freeway on-ramp or quartermile, leaving a trail of smoking rubber to punctuate the moment.

Yamaha understands, which is why it builds the Star V-max. There are quicker ways to cover 1320 feet of pavement on two wheels, but there's nothing like the 110lb.-ft. kick in the tighty whiteys from this 1679cc V-four. Unlike your average chrome-plated tributeto the swing era, Mr. Max isn't afraid of showing a little high-tech skin: Fly-by-wire throttle, variable length intake stacks, die-cast aluminum frame...You get the idea. Technology cured 'Max's chrinic conering anxiety as well, elevating him to the top of the saturday-night food chain. But omnipotence begets benevolence. So go ahead and look. You can't touch this."

For those of you wondering, Motorcyclist magazine's over all bike of the year for 2009 was the Yamaha YZF-R1.

Yeah....I get that magazine as well.....

I kinda' like it......they cover all styles of bikes and seem relatively fair about it:confused2:

Whadda you think?????

I thought the choices they made made sense......

Yeah....I get that magazine as well.....

I kinda' like it......they cover all styles of bikes and seem relatively fair about it:confused2:

Whadda you think?????

I thought the choices they made made sense......

I agreed with them, I dunno about the second choice though, I think the M109 or Warrior are more suited for second place then the Vrod.

I think the M109 or Warrior are more suited for second place then the Vrod.

Agreed. And I don't understand how the extremely overpriced Ultra Classic is a better bike than the new Goldwings. A Wing comes with 2 times the options that an Ultra does, for less price. And the ride is a LOT smoother too.

I enjoyed the article where they compared the new Honda Fury with a Big Dog. If only Honda had stuck the 1800 engine in that Fury, it would have a leg up on the Big Dog. But the BigDog costs a lot more, and you get a lot bigger, more powerful engine. Plus from what I've heard, the wheels on a Fury leave a lot to be desired.

I agreed with them, I dunno about the second choice though, I think the M109 or Warrior are more suited for second place then the Vrod.

It was the Vrod Muscle......the new model......that is probably why.....

Just a guess....:confused2:

Agreed. And I don't understand how the extremely overpriced Ultra Classic is a better bike than the new Goldwings. A Wing comes with 2 times the options that an Ultra does, for less price. And the ride is a LOT smoother too.

I enjoyed the article where they compared the new Honda Fury with a Big Dog. If only Honda had stuck the 1800 engine in that Fury, it would have a leg up on the Big Dog. But the BigDog costs a lot more, and you get a lot bigger, more powerful engine. Plus from what I've heard, the wheels on a Fury leave a lot to be desired.

I went to the local Honda dealer......he had a black Fury.....

:confused2::ummm:.....I don't know.....I think the mag had it right....it looks unfinished.....or cobbled together.....

It was the Vrod Muscle......the new model......that is probably why.....

Just a guess....:confused2:

I was considering a V-Rod Muscle when looking into buying a new bike. The reason I didn't... The Muscle only puts out 2 more horses and 2 more ft-lbs or torque than the normal V-Rod. Not a lot of extra 'muscle'. Oh, and it's $2,200 more than the standard model. :bang head:

I think the guys at Star took a page from HD this time... Jacking up the price and not really changing anything. :confused2:

VRod muscle is a nice bike. Nice lines to it and a dual exhaust. :eusa_dance:
(Its no Vmax tho!)

Dale #2592

I V-Rod Muscle is a nice looking bike but wow, is it ever uncomfortable to ride.

The forward controls and the reach of the bars makes for some uncomfortable riding. With their custom handlebars you can't even add a riser block or a different set of bars.

Yes that is a common complaint from all the mag testers. But overall reviews are good....one referring to it as "Vmax lite"!

Dale #2592

Back