• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2009 Vmax 1700 For Sale -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1968

Reaction score
*** Bike has been off the market for a while. Forgot to update this post. I got the x-pipe installed recently. I am glad still with me.

I made the hard decision to put up my VMAX for sale with 7295 miles (as of today). I am not riding much lately since I got the Vulcan 1700. I don't think is good to have such beauty in the garage. My last ride two weeks ago was about 200 miles and my knees were killing me in the riding position so I guess age is catching up with me. I am not in a rush to sell so I will be patient to get the right owner willing to pay full asking price. The bike is excellent conditions always garage kept and never dropped. I love the stock look so I only made a few needed modifications to bring the best out of the beast:

Airbox Mod with K&N Filter
Double Disc clutch mod
ECU GURUED Flash
Rizoma Elisse Mirrors
Moto-Works Magical Racing Cowl
Throttlemeister
T-Rex Racing Frame and Axels Sliders
T-Rex Racing Stand
HID Headlight
New battery
Bridgestone tires

Last edited:
Re: 2009 Vmax 1700 For Sale

He takes good care of his stuff, as you would expect of an engineer. I've done some business w/him, a pleasure to do so.

He takes good care of his stuff, as you would expect of an engineer. I've done some business w/him, a pleasure to do so.

Thanks for the feedback! :thumbs up: :rocket bike:

All the $$$$ guys put into their Gen IIs, and so many neglect a simple inexpensive comfort mod......the MAX RELAXERS.

GLWTS

All the $$$$ guys put into their Gen IIs, and so many neglect a simple inexpensive comfort mod......the MAX RELAXERS.

GLWTS

Thanks but I have the T-Rex frame sliders installed so no room for the relaxers when they came out...

Shala's 09 is fitted with the "other style", under frame, hwy bar that fits nicely with her T-Rex frame sliders. She uses hwy pegs often to stretch out her 6' frame while riding.

Shown here before we bolted up her pegs:
new powder coat 013.jpg

..........just sayin'...........

And good luck with your sale. $11K seems like a fair price to me. I doubt it will last long at that price.

Shala's 09 is fitted with the "other style", under frame, hwy bar that fits nicely with her T-Rex frame sliders. She uses hwy pegs often to stretch out her 6' frame while riding.

Shown here before we bolted up her pegs:
View attachment 51964

..........just sayin'...........

And good luck with your sale. $11K seems like a fair price to me. I doubt it will last long at that price.

Any pics on the other style? Where do I find info on the under frame hwy bar?

Cheers!

Someone, on the StarVmax forum, used to offer them up for sale. You'd have to go search that site for more info, and/or the US guys' sign-on to see if he's still willing to make more. It was first seen on European Gen II's, but the maker there had no interest in shipping to the US, and so, sent all his drawings/plans to the guy on the Star site.

I had a pic of one, and went to a more local, to me, fabricator, and had them do a "one-off construction for me. It came to me in raw metal, and I had to have some final touches done to it before sending it to powder coat.

I'll PM you some addt'l info on the fabricator so that you can hit them up personally to see if they'd be willing to make another, and if so, for how much etc...if you have no luck with the seller on the Star site.
Shala's Vmax mods 009.jpg

Shala's Vmax mods 010.jpg

I talked with the guy on the starvmax site he has no interest at all making more bars .
I was lucky enough to have someone offer me one for sale one of the best mod's I have done to my bike or I would not be able to ride it at all arthritis in my hips I have a need to stretch out ..

I made the hard decision to put up my VMAX for sale with 7295 miles (as of today). I am not riding much lately since I got the Vulcan 1700. I don't think is good to have such beauty in the garage. My last ride two weeks ago was about 200 miles and my knees were killing me in the riding position so I guess age is catching up with me. I am not in a rush to sell so I will be patient to get the right owner willing to pay full asking price. The bike is excellent conditions always garage kept and never dropped. I love the stock look so I only made a few needed modifications to bring the best out of the beast:

Airbox Mod with K&N Filter
Double Disc clutch mod
ECU GURUED Flash
Rizoma Elisse Mirrors
Moto-Works Magical Racing Cowl
Throttlemeister
T-Rex Racing Frame and Axels Sliders
T-Rex Racing Stand
HID Headlight
New battery
Bridgestone tires

$11K www.cycletrader.com/listing/-116763700