2011 fz-8

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking, horsepower would be a deal maker/breaker for me.

I'm addicted to V motors , the inlines are too quirky for my tastes...but , to each his own...

It looks good, nice upright seating position. I bet it would be fun on a tight twisty road, enough torque to get a jump out the corner.

Last edited:
Google turned up 105hp and 67 ft/lbs of torque. I assume that's rear-wheel figures. Nothing earth shattering but I suspect it scoots along just fine.

For comparison, a R1 puts down about ~150hp and 75 ft/lbs of torque at the tire. A R6 is almost identical to the fz8 in hp but it's only got about 50 ft/lbs of torque.

So it's a slightly torquier R6 motor.

I wonder if Yami fixed the ultra lean condition down low and the quirky throttle response below 6K rpms?

I had a couple of FZ6's and they both presented some funky buzzing from 60-70 mph - right in ideal cruising speed. I traded for a VFR (honda i know, sorry) and instant gratification. V4's from now on !

most of the buzziness is cured with weighted bar ends. 105hp in a light bike like that is no joke. That's just 5 hp less than the Honda CBR 900RR and that bike FLEW back in the day.

i dont see a huge market for this unless the insurance is way cheap..

poor kids are gonna want the 600

guys that want the power are gonna buy a 1000

sorry yammy :( this is gonna be a rare bike in 10 years for sure. just my opinion. i wouldnt be surprised if u saw them popping up for 200 dllars more than a 600 after a while

sorry yammy :( this is gonna be a rare bike in 10 years for sure. just my opinion. i wouldnt be surprised if u saw them popping up for 200 dllars more than a 600 after a while

They MSRP for $2000 LESS than a 600 new.

Over here in Europe 800cc seems to become very popular

Motorcycles like this are gaining popularity here as well. Which is great. I'd prefer a usable street motorcycle over something with 200hp and knife edge handling.

Latest posts

Back