2013 Vmax Illinois Spring Illinois Rally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick52

Reaction score
Illinois 2013 Spring Vmax Rally - Friday, Saturday & Sunday, May 17, 18 & 19
Rally HQ: Decatur Conference Center & Hotel, 4191 W. U.S. HGWY 36 Decatur, Il
Phone 217-422-8800 Blocked 10 Rooms for $89.99 with Breakfast and $85.99 without Buffet Breakfast. Friday Ride - Saturday Ride - Sunday Breakfast Ride. This is the weekend before the Memorial Day Weekend. Second Motel: Americas Best Value Inn, 333 N Wyckles Rd. DEcatur Il, 217-422-5900 $57.95 single and $65.00 Dbl.

Rick Rash

Aw man... I'm going to be out of town that week. I'll be on my way to the tail of the dragon, maybe I'll convince my crew we need to take the boring IL route out so we can see a bunch of other maxes for an hour or so!

Neosho - Decatur, IL.........424 miles.......:hmmm: Seems so darn close when viewed on a large map too.

I know Shala won't have any vacation time available this year, but I'll have to see how far MY 2013 vacation time goes before commiting further. I sure would like to attend one of your fine gatherings up there Rick. If not this year, sooner or later, I swear, it's going to happen.

I would love to attend also Rick......maybe see how the work schedule looks as the time gets closer! :eusa_dance:

Don't mind riding behind ya either! :damn angry:

Aw man... I'm going to be out of town that week. I'll be on my way to the tail of the dragon, maybe I'll convince my crew we need to take the boring IL route out so we can see a bunch of other maxes for an hour or so!

Well my crew finds this to be well out of our way. They're leaving Saturday though. I've got a guy who just started riding last year who's on the fence about if he wants to take the trip on or not. I'm babysitting him for the 600 mile trek to NC, but If he walks out I may depart ahead of everybody else and catch the Friday portion.

In that scenario I'd make it but be heading out first thing Saturday AM to meet up with the others in Indiana or wherever and get on my way. I won't really know more until pretty close to the trip. April is 'test ride' month where we try and give the newbie some confidence. It either takes or it doesn't.

Just A Friendly Reminder of the May Illinois Vmax Rally. Also, I am so looking forward to the May Ozark Rally. If you have not attended the Ozark Rally, This is a well attended and well ridden event. Roads are spectacular and people very friendly. Friendly in a good sort a waay. LOL

Rick

Two coming from down here Rick. Darren & I - should prolly be there in plenty of time to make the Friday evening dinner ride. See you then.

Will it help attract more Vmaxers if I bring a VMOA printed cake? lol

Had a great time Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Great people and good roads all weekend. Did the Fast Freddie lunch, Ferry across the Mississippi and River Road ride. Picked on some liter sport bikes Saturday night. I hope everyone made it home safe. I want to thank everyone who attended. Also, A Big Thank You to Mark Rogers for letting me ride his turbo Busa. WoW! I ran my Vmax so hard it blew the baffle and glasspack out! However, the motor sure liked the straight pipe.

rick rash

Latest posts

Back