VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....and how much you want to bet no fixes to it's problems? There's a serious tradition of stagnation to maintain. It won't be due for an update until what, like 2017 or so?

Looks like the old 80's vmax burgundy color.

I figured it would go to 19,999 because even Yamaha won't break the 20k mark for a bike.

....and how much you want to bet no fixes to it's problems? There's a serious tradition of stagnation to maintain. It won't be due for an update until what, like 2017 or so?

I figured it would go to 19,999 because even Yamaha won't break the 20k mark for a bike.

I wish every bike I ever owned had the "problems" the Gen 2 VMax has! LOL

Like using up rear tires so quickly, making my shoulders hurt from attempting to pull my arms out of their sockets, the pain of having to talk to a bunch of people about it every time I park it, the time wasted just staring at all the beautiful bits and pieces on it, the pissing off sport bike owners every time I smoke their asses or win a dyno shootout, the trouble of having to acknowledge all of the thumbs up I get while riding, or the pain I get in my face from the constant smile I have every time I ride it! :biglaugh::eusa_dance:

Such Problems! :rofl_200:

As for an update try 2014 .

Attachments

• 2014 Vmax.jpg
    2014 Vmax.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 85
My bike also goes way too far on a tank of gas, it tends to ride on one wheel if you go or stop too hard, and 158mph is way too high of a top speed....what do they want me to do, kill myself? It also has a perfectly reliable oil pump, which is annoying to say the least. I mean, what am I supposed to fiddle with on weekends? The chain drive is confusing, since there's so many options to pick for gearing, how the hell am I supposed to know what to use? :ummm:

Plus, people rarely ever talk to me at gas stations. I like being bombarded with inane questions about if that's a Harley when I'm relaxing with a smoke 'n coke after a nice ride. :blahblah:

I suppose the bright side is that there's a slight rattle in the front fairing at exactly 2500rpm, so I have something to look forward to improving.

My bike also goes way too far on a tank of gas, it tends to ride on one wheel if you go or stop too hard, and 158mph is way too high of a top speed....what do they want me to do, kill myself? It also has a perfectly reliable oil pump, which is annoying to say the least. I mean, what am I supposed to fiddle with on weekends? The chain drive is confusing, since there's so many options to pick for gearing, how the hell am I supposed to know what to use? :ummm:

Plus, people rarely ever talk to me at gas stations. I like being bombarded with inane questions about if that's a Harley when I'm relaxing with a smoke 'n coke after a nice ride. :blahblah:

I suppose the bright side is that there's a slight rattle in the front fairing at exactly 2500rpm, so I have something to look forward to improving.

Ok so you moved on to a "better"(for you) bike, Why must you bash the max every chance you get? Its like a bad relationship that you just cant get over,:confused2:

In Europe they broke the 20K mark as it launched back in 2009! And that`s in EUROS!! At the moment there`s a 2009 model at my dealership, brand new, still over 20K, no reduction at all and it`s been sitting there all this time. From the look of the tires it hasn`t even been taken out for a test ride....I was waiting for them to decrease the price to maybe, possibly, who knows...but no avail :(

The purple looks like the same color used on the 2012 Raider S. Very nice color.

They even improved the Raider for 2013, but could think of nothing for the Max,,,I bet sales of the 13 hit rock bottom. I like it but just isn't for me,,but I love my 05.

O

Oh, I see now you don't even have a Vmax.......any year. Still making very valuable contributions to this forum though. LOL

Hey I see we are both in NY.....don't forget to give me the thumbs up when smoke your ass on your little Kawi! :eusa_dance:

Has it got a new wheel design or am I dreaming?

What really puzzles me is, after 3 years of feedback, Yam still hasn't:

- replaced the tank with a better design of decent capacity

- insists on keeping those fugly mufflers everyone gets rid of as soon as they can..

I think the gen 2 is a great bike, wished I could have one. Maybe one day. In April was in a Shawnee, OK yamaha dealership, they had a beautiful new 2010 red vmax. They were asking 16k for it. Went back to buy a fuel filter the other day, they had traded it.

Anyway, considering I love the bike (never rode one), I developed concerns after reading some comments. One was the oil pump recall. A member took his bike to a dealer for the recall and later had trouble with the replacement. Maybe it was the technicians fault, I don't know. But my concern was 1) how many recalls and 2) were there any technicians in Oklahoma that had the expertise and intelligence to brake open and fix the bike.

Still have these concerns. So until I feel better about these two things I will delay buying a gen 2.

Any comments on my concerns? Thanks.

I think the gen 2 is a great bike, wished I could have one. Maybe one day. In April was in a Shawnee, OK yamaha dealership, they had a beautiful new 2010 red vmax. They were asking 16k for it. Went back to buy a fuel filter the other day, they had traded it.

Anyway, considering I love the bike (never rode one), I developed concerns after reading some comments. One was the oil pump recall. A member took his bike to a dealer for the recall and later had trouble with the replacement. Maybe it was the technicians fault, I don't know. But my concern was 1) how many recalls and 2) were there any technicians in Oklahoma that had the expertise and intelligence to brake open and fix the bike.

Still have these concerns. So until I feel better about these two things I will delay buying a gen 2.

Any comments on my concerns? Thanks.

No one knows of a single stock oil pump failure. There is a rumor that one failed in Europe. Best I can tell Yamaha found what they thought could be a problem on some bikes and decided to recall all bikes within a build period to be safe.

The replacement of the oil pump is about as easy of a repair you could ever hope for on a part so important. The oil pump is in the same place and works the same way as it has in most Yamaha's for years.

The problem was the incompetence of the mechanics working at the dealerships. Plain and simple. You need to make sure a single gear is engaged before tightening down the clutch. Too much for some I guess.

IMO it should be a pre-requisite for Authorized Yamaha dealers to be required to have their mechanics factory trained....but apparently it isn't. My dealer employees a Yamaha Gold Certified mechanic that is also the Service Manager. He is the only person besides myself that will ever work on my bike.

Who cares if the problem is with the bike or with the dealer recall. In the end the actual problem and risk are passed to you, the customer. That's unacceptable at any price point, and why I've kind of punted on Yamahas.

I welcome a challenge. Nobody ever wants to race on the streets, it'd be a hoot.

If I ever run into a gen2 in my travels, I'll make sure to sail by it at 11,000rpm with my middle finger deployed. If that doesn't encourage a race I don't know what does.

Catch me if you can!

I'm not bitter about my gen1, I just think the RUB attitude of a lot of gen2 owners is pretty funny to poke. :shittystick:

These days it's a 99cc two stroke dirt bike. I really have got into dirt riding recently, it's got a challenge and fun unique from street bikes. With it getting cooler every day I don't go out as much on the street.

Otherwise the "lil kawi" referred to is a 9 year old z1000. It's made me a shameful traitor to the vmax community.

I sold my '97 vmax this past summer.

With that, I'll refrain from commenting about gen2 matters since I can't help but find it hilarious and I sense gen2 owners do not appreciate it.

Don't take it personal, people love to defend the bikes they own and refer to them as the "best bike" ever built. It's a common mistake. Until you try everything else on for size, you never really know. I thought the 2nd gen Max was a MUST HAVE bike, until I rode my B-King for the first time. Now I KNOW it's the "best bike" ever built. See, it happens to all of us! :biglaugh:

Who cares if the problem is with the bike or with the dealer recall. In the end the actual problem and risk are passed to you, the customer. That's unacceptable at any price point, and why I've kind of punted on Yamahas.

This is all I could fit in the screenshot.....less than 2 weeks of posts! Looks like a real "trouble free" bike! :rofl_200:You are kidding yourself if you think Kawasaki builds a better bike than Yamaha.

kawi.jpg

I thought the 2nd gen Max was a MUST HAVE bike, until I rode my B-King for the first time. Now I KNOW it's the "best bike" ever built. See, it happens to all of us! :biglaugh:

So good, they discontinued it. That must be because they didn't want so many people driving such an "awesome" bike :)

Back