250 rear project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
I decided I might upgrade my 180 rear on my 1990 and make a custom swingarm to run an 18" x 8.5 (250) rear. I'm in no hurry and will design my longer and wider
swingarm probably similar to my custom one I made for my 88 bike just wider.

I have an eye of a couple of rims from Ebay and might take the plunge, something like these.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/8-1-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439cf8f3f6

or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200432705127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'll keep updating as I make it, should be a fun project:punk:

Do you think you will have any problems with the shaft drive components holding up?

He will have to make an offset swingarm and custom shaft or jack shaft setup.

Sean

Do you think you will have any problems with the shaft drive components holding up?

No, not at all, it's what I do for a living anyway so I'll make all the new bits suitable for the task.

Ok I'm comitted now I bought this wheel for $247 so now I have no option but to make a swingarm:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 3-2-12489a.JPG
    3-2-12489a.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 91
Cool Project! Jedi go to this site and look under dragbike bodywork. Click on Yamaha, the fiberglass fender will work real nice with your project. If you want to retain that stock rear fender appearance. Beasley Composites It's the fender on my dragbike. You can split in two and make it any width you like. It was originally made for a car tire application.

picture.php

Cool Project! Jedi go to this site and look under dragbike bodywork. Click on Yamaha, the fiberglass fender will work real nice with your project. If you want to retain that stock rear fender appearance. Beasley Composites It's the fender on my dragbike. You can split in two and make it any width you like. It was originally made for a car tire application.

Thanks Gary, my 90 already has a cutom tail that I had made awhile ago . I'm going to stretch the arm also but it should still work.

Does anyone have as much knowledge as Jedi in Sydney Australia??? I'd love to customise my 88, but I can't seem to find the resources in Aust.

Well it's a start, wheel arrived and already put a new tyre on it. 260 wide:punk:
Crappy phone pictures but you get the idea.

Attachments

• SP_A0018.jpg
    SP_A0018.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 59
  • SP_A0022.jpg
    SP_A0022.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back