2nd gear grinding noise.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_NST

Reaction score
SOOOOOOOO..... i just did the DD clutch maybe a week ago, everything has been great. ive been tough on the bike since. im really enjoying the hard 1-2 shift. this noise just started yesterday.

so heres the questions.... Its NOT popping out of gear, its just making a hell of a grinding noise in 2nd ONLY. wtf is going on. has anyone heard of this. sean? i was sposed to go on a 2000 km ride this weekend but now im not sure. dammit.

where do i start looking?

thanks in advance,
evan...

Last edited:
Most likely you either broke some teeth off a gear or broke the dogs off the side of the gear. You might get lucky and it's something else, but I doubt it....I just went through this on mine...

so im probably gonna have to split the cases? ugh... i just got her running perfect too.

thx...
evan

Doesn't sound good. Probably either cracked a tooth or broke it off completely. You can see some of the gears and teeth by looking through the site holes under the clutch basket.

Sean

I feel your pain brother...just got mine runnin SWEET when I had to split my case... Don't be afraid. This is "a chance for improvement"...at least that's what my buddies keep saying when they look into my open case sitting on my bench.

ya its not thats the work is difficult, i used to rebulid engines for years before i became a plumber. its the frustration that the weather is sooooo good and the bike is broke. i really need to get at it and compile a parts list so i can get back to er...

peace,
evan....

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoops. now the fun... mod time.

peace...
evan

Attachments

• whoops.jpg
    whoops.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 113
Back