• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 for the price of 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not bad.....although is it my imagination, or on the 85 it looks like the right front fork is bent?

Thats not bad.....although is it my imagination, or on the 85 it looks like the right front fork is bent?

Absolutely looks bent. Keen eye I didnt even see that but they all look rough to me. Great donors to build one nice one then recoup the investment out of parts. Is that a factory wheel or has it been modded?

Absolutely looks bent. Keen eye I didnt even see that but they all look rough to me. Great donors to build one nice one then recoup the investment out of parts. Is that a factory wheel or has it been modded?

That looks to be a factory wheel. The 85 front and rear wheel were different than later years. It also looks like it has 85 side covers on it, but I cant tell.

I think a good price would be 800 to 1000 for each....so 2500 to 3000. You dont know if 2nd gear is good....etc.

Ugh, looks like outside stored bikes. Not sure if TX is as rough as Florida or Ohio outside storage but that just kills a bike. I concur, parts bike prices and hope for the best.

Yea, the 85 is going to be mostly junk. The carbs have been sitting open for who knows how long and sitting outside from the looks of it. So, engine is going to be shit. Already been crashed and probably damaged most of what would have brought any money. Only small parts here and there and stuff like the side covers.

The other bike is a complete unknown and about as fuzzy a picture as you can take. Even if it ran there is no way to prove the trans is good or bad. In my experience unless the owner had died and that's the reason it sat then people don't just leave bikes sitting around normally. Way more often there was a problem with it and that's why it sat.

No picture of the third bike.

$1000 at best. MAYBE $1500 but that's taking a very big risk.

I'll take a rack of carbs and my own gas when I go. Maybe a battery, too.... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm not gonna go look at 3 basket case useless piles to add to my two broke-ass bikes already in the garage.

I would be hard pressed to go $1500, but I would probably go out and look if I was still down there. Let him sniff a few hundred dollar bills, that's usually how a good deal starts.......... :punk:

I paid more for a cherry Snapper sit-down mower like this than I'd pay for three piles of crap like that.
images

Awhile ago I went to look at a Venture Royale which was stored outside, carbs off, he wanted $500. I offered him $150, just to hear what he'd say, he didn't take it. I probably wouldn't have given him that, if he accepted, I'd take another look, and offer him $100. He was still sitting on it and a lot of other junk until he lost his lease on his storage space, and the next time I went by, all his crap was gone, probably to the scrapyard, I bet.

I paid more for a cherry Snapper sit-down mower like this than I'd pay for three piles of crap like that.
images

Awhile ago I went to look at a Venture Royale which was stored outside, carbs off, he wanted $500. I offered him $150, just to hear what he'd say, he didn't take it. I probably wouldn't have given him that, if he accepted, I'd take another look, and offer him $100. He was still sitting on it and a lot of other junk until he lost his lease on his storage space, and the next time I went by, all his crap was gone, probably to the scrapyard, I bet.

I see that all the time. People never understand that logic. They think the book says this so Ill ask that and wait for the right sucker. In all honesty I would if I were a buyer of this guys stuff offer him 250-300 a bike and explain to him that my offer is twice what he is going to end up with when it goes to the salvage yard for scrap. But alas he would follow the thought process of your Venture guy and lose all the way around...

Years ago my stepdad had, I believe, a very nice 1974 Chevy Cheyenne Super 10 454 super cab that he had parked off to the side at his business. Over the years there were more than a few guys that asked him if it was for sale, and each time he'd say "nope." My brothers and I would ask him once in awhile if he wanted to get it running or why it just sat there and he would never give us an answer.

Then, in the late 90's as the truck was being hauled off to the junkyard he told me how that truck ended up sitting there going to hell. He had gotten drunk one night and filled it up with diesel instead of gas and promptly blew the motor up. He parked it in that spot thinking he'd get around to fixing it soon but he never found time for it. After a few years he got so mad at himself about not fixing it or selling it when he could have gotten a good price for it that he decided to just let it sit there to remind him how dumb he was for not doing something when he could've.

Back