300hp Kawasaki

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the KTM RC8 and BMW 1000RR are both great looking bikes.....I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure....

+1 Definitely in the eye of the beholder.......that being said, there are not many bikes that are really "ugly" to me. Most sport bikes don't do much for because they are so similar. I like something that stands out in a crowd......like the VMax.

The article I read infers some of the body work on this bike is function over form....... or at least greatly influenced by function as well as form.

"Wanting to create a bold design worthy of the Ninja and H2R names, the styling concept was dubbed “Intense Force Design.”
As a flagship for the Kawasaki brand, the Ninja H2R required presence and styling that reflected its incredible performance. And while the design looks the part, it has a functional beauty, with each piece of bodywork aerodynamically sculpted to help ultra-high speed stability.
The cowling design also maximizes cooling performance and heat dissipation, helping to achieve the engine’s circa 300hp output. And the Ram Air duct is positioned to bring fresh air directly to the supercharger."

It should be easily recognizable going down the road, which again I like.

Just wait 'till the Guvment gets a load of this . Race track only I'm thinking.

The 186 MPH (300 KM) top speed limit on bikes originated in Europe....not the US.I have't seen our government imposing restrictions on performance. Look at some of the newer American cars, big HP and high top speeds.

I think it will be VERY expensive to insure though.

zzr 14 was faster than a gen 2 max not my liking of a bike thats why i got a gen 2 (i still have my gen 1) this is just to make sure the are leading the way 300hp wow but i think it will be a high rev screamer. i like grunt vmax is grunt !!!

I hope the street version is going to be cheaper than this:

index.php

I'm pretty sure the price will be up there with the BMW. They are calling it their "flagship" motorcycle. Flagship = expensive.

Nothing cheap out there anymore. The 14R is 15K and the ZX10 is more than that.

The BMW 1000RR with the premium package is $17,500 and the HP4 is 20K.

Sorry But the Hayabusa is a lot nicer looking bike and you can ride it on the street. This bike is butt ugly but technically fascinating. Perhaps the detuned street version will look better and still outrun the Busa

Price? I'm guessing 40 grand for the non street legal version.

sorry but the hayabusa is a lot nicer looking bike and you can ride it on the street. this bike is butt ugly but technically fascinating. Perhaps the detuned street version will look better and still outrun the busa

price? I'm guessing 40 grand for the non street legal version.

+1,000,000,000

I like it ! Sheer horsepower alone will be the killer sale and it's a fresh look. Not all crotch rocket but a little street. It just eclipsed the Gen 2 imho.

Chris.

Rear end reminds me of the (thankfully) short lived European trend of jacking the tail near vertical on vmax. For a while if you did a picture search on google for vmax you coudn't find one that didn't look like it was broken in the middle. :confused2:

Sales on this will not be through the roof, though. People went to the dealership to see the gt40; they bought a mustang. too state the obvious.

The H2r is set to sell around 60K with its 300 hp.

The H2 is set to sell around $20k from what I saw on the Forums with its 220 hp.

Regardless. 300 hp @ 60k...... I ll spend $7.5k and have 325 hp on a stock ZX14. Tons of people doing it.

BUT the big difference is handling. The H2 is going to handle like a monster. It wont be a lumbering 675 lb ZX14! I think the ZX14 handles good enough for me and what I need to do. But I think if I rode a ZX10 again, I would like how it handles, just not how it handles my butt. The 14 is so much more touring than any other sportbike, or standard bike I have ever had. So the H2 would be awesome fun in a twisty living area, but not much for for cross country every day joe riding.

Still bad ass that someone is stepping up and throwing everything to the side and saying, ha.... 200 hp... you guys are weak! Top 300 hp!

But I will say, you when you ride a 9 second stock bike with 200 rwhp as a daily rider... everything seems slow.

Todd

In the video they mention 470 lbs......the street bike is actually 525 dry. Quite porky for a 1000 supersport.

Doesn't bother me, I ride a Gen 2 an drive a twin turbo F-150.....I like big and fast. :) Don't think it will be anybodies first choice for track days though.

Latest posts

Back