50 new HD models in 5 years

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a co-worker offer me a 57 panhead that was beautifully chopped. Wanted $10k for it. I was early 20s more interested in partying and other pointless shit. Definitely could have quickly saved and bought it. Oh well.

He has 2 of them. Same year, similar style. The one he wanted to keep had an electric start installed.

Had a co-worker offer me a 57 panhead that was beautifully chopped. Wanted $10k for it. I was early 20s more interested in partying and other pointless shit. Definitely could have quickly saved and bought it. Oh well.

He has 2 of them. Same year, similar style. The one he wanted to keep had an electric start installed.

Very similar to this. One red with electric start, one purple.

Attachments

• IMG_7293.224201621_std.jpg
    IMG_7293.224201621_std.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 11
RUBS? Is that like a Squid?

Rich Urban Bikers, sort of like the guy that wakes up at age 40-ish with a pre-midlife crisis and figures he better get on the ball to become the best Peter Fonda he can be. He probably drops $40-50 on a CVO with chrome bolt on everything or a custom chop, full HD leathers and sets out to Sturgis (probably shipping or trailering the bike and flying in). These guys are probably one of the main reasons, besides ETOH, that there are so many fatalities during the rally. Lack of experience and skill is responsible for a whole lot of mess each year here.

That really is cool. A real vintage (pre-electric start) HD will separate the traditional bikers from the RUBS in a hurry. It doesnt seem like that long ago that a guy riding a bike like that was probably the guy who built it.

With the people I grew up around, you would be shamed heavily if you showed up with a bike off the dealership floor.

With the people I grew up around, you would be shamed heavily if you showed up with a bike off the dealership floor.

Yup, same here. It seems wrong to buy a high end custom and ride it around like it's your own. Live and let live but thats one of the many reasons I stepped away from the whole HD culture. Still, respect for the old schoolers and guys that came up that way.

YEP. Got it! RUBs. Way different than a SQUID. Got it.
Way too many of those around. More money than brains. Scares me to ride even near them.
Worried more about what people think of "their look" than the ride itself.

RUBs finding out about flat tires or riding in the rain are a major reason Used HD prices are dropping like a chicken hawk with a heart attack..

Latest posts

Back