85 carb rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Reaction score
I tore the carbs off my 85 project max, they were real gooey... I am looking for a rebuild kit so I can get this early max back on the street. I must have new o-rings, float bowl seals, jet block gaskets, and enricher gaskets. Might maybe could use a slide diaphragm. Looking for a supplier who has a good deal on complete rebuild kits

only use yami parts, dont get that jobber stuff on ebay, you will regret it. give sean a call for sure.

No such thing as a "kit" unless you get the Keyster kits (which will work like shit and not fix the bike). BUT, I usually have all the normally replaced parts on hand. usually the float bowl origins/gaskets don't need replaced. The parts we do normally replace run about $160 for the set of 4 carbs worth (choke and jet block gaskets, jet block plugs, and a few orings).

:confused2: Hey Bacchus, you would be way better off to buy a late model set of carbs and rebuild them. The 85 carbs probably have bad bushings and linkage parts that really need repair. You can spend a lot of money on those old carbs and not fix what's wrong. That's what I had to do with my 85. You can always sell your old set for $300 plus on ebay. Good luck to you, Spurs

Back