85 Max wheel upgrade

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxPower

Reaction score
I am looking to replace the stock wheels on my 85 Max and don't want to spend $3,000 to do it. Will the stock blacked out wheels off of a 2001 Max bolt up to my 85?

Can anyone recomend a wheel manufacturer that makes a decent rim for a good price?

-Brian-

You can put any model year Vmax wheels on your '85. 2001 wasn't blacked out though. '96, '97, '98, '05, '06 and '07 were though. The last 3 years they had a red stripe along the outer edge of the rim.

Mark

Unfortunately most if not all after market wheels will run you some major dosh...

I am running radials front and rear and the front wheel is stock. The back is a UFO Max wheel made to match the front wheel...:thumbs up:

For the rear wheel and both tires it cost me about 1500 bucks. The difference it made is priceless...:coolgleamA:

Many go to a 17 in front for handling reasons but I have a sport bike so if I want to go carve corners I will use it... It was designed for it!

To run a 17 in front you need either major spacer for the front fender or a different fender. No thanks...

Back