a big favor from you gun owners for my dying dad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaneer

Reaction score
so ive been on and off the forum for a variety of reasons. my current excuse is my ailing dad. he had a stroke a couple weeks ago. up until this past wednesday the stubborn 'ol goat was fighting to recover and was making slow yet positive advances. well, he took a turn for the worse and developed a brain bleed. the neurosurgeon went in and removed some dead brain tissue while evacuating the aftermath of a second, more critical stroke. in short, pop will more than likely start prepping heaven's clouds for us by this weekend.

dad served his country for twenty years maintaining the united states air force's electronic warfare systems. we are going to honor his wishes for a military burial, but, and this is where i ask a favor from my vmax brothers, dad always dreamt of a gun salute for his funeral, an honor typically reserved for the prestigous soldier and prolly wont be bestowed upon dear old dad.

my favor...those that own a firearm, i ask of you to record a short vid of you firing your gun into the sky. i want to download your vids and merge them into one that i will play during his memorial service.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Please don't shoot it into the air! Unless you live WAY out in the country. How about shooting it safely into targets where ever that may be. What time frame do you need this by?

I guess I don't understand why he wouldn't get veteran burial rights...... We just got in touch with the local VFW and they just showed up with their guns on the given day and it was very cool. Hearing the trumpet and then the guns going off. I think the most heart wrenching moment was when they gave me his flag after I had seen them remove it from his casket and fold it up. Wow still brings tears to my eyes .
G

88, i guess i just assumed. i will look into it. one, just dawned on me how silly ut us to shoot a bullet into a popluated area would be. lol. his name is Ted, nickname is Amboy. i would need it by the beginning of the next week to give me time to splice them tigether while dealing with whatever will happen next

Sorry to hear of your dad's illness.

I concur re: the VFW. I think most VFW units will perform that function for any vet.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Unfortunately I am at work, and so cant do anything.

We get about one fatality per year in the Houston metro area due to New Year's Eve stray bullets. Be careful guys.

we found dad's dd-214 discharge papers and so dad's military burial is secured. he made it so easy...right on top of his pile of papers in his safe. talked with an advisor this morning. the air force will supply a six-member honor gaurd that consists of a rifle team. so looks like pop'll get want he wanted after all. so the firing of your weaponry is necessary, that is, unless you still want to hahaha. i appreciate yall's gesture of at least entertaining my foolishness. :eek:

Greg, sorry to hear about what's going on with your Dad. At least he will soon be in a better place and I am glad he will be getting the sendoff he deserves.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

we found dad's dd-214 discharge papers and so dad's military burial is secured. he made it so easy...right on top of his pile of papers in his safe. talked with an advisor this morning. the air force will supply a six-member honor gaurd that consists of a rifle team. so looks like pop'll get want he wanted after all. so the firing of your weaponry is necessary, that is, unless you still want to hahaha. i appreciate yall's gesture of at least entertaining my foolishness. :eek:

That's good to hear, the Marine Corps did the same for my fathers funeral.

PS
I'm Sorry for your loss though.

So Dad passed away November 25th and we buried him December 6th. I suspect that some of you are a bit curious of how it went. I finally got a hold of the vid that my cousin made of Dad's interment and couldn't wait to show y'all. With all the days that passed between his stroke and his last breath, I thought I had gotten rid of most of my blubbering. But as soon as the rifle squad released its first volley, I completely lost it. I also went through Mom's photo albums with my brother and put together a photo montage video of his life that I presented at his funeral. It was very therapeutic. I'm gonna miss him.

Obituary
Photo Montage vid
Dad's Interment

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back