A little input please....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
Ok guys,
I?m asking for some info on the tires I am looking to buy.

1. Would you rather install a 120/70ZR-18, or a 110/80ZR-18?

2. What are your thoughts of the tread pattern on the G851 front?
Do you think it will ?Track? in the road grooves?

3. How critical would you say it is to ?match? a set of tires F & R?

These tires are going on a set of 18" Carrozerias.

Attachments

• tire questions.doc
    49 KB · Views: 17
Ok guys,
I?m asking for some info on the tires I am looking to buy.

1. Would you rather install a 120/70ZR-18, or a 110/80ZR-18?

2. What are your thoughts of the tread pattern on the G851 front?
Do you think it will ?Track? in the road grooves?

3. How critical would you say it is to ?match? a set of tires F & R?

These tires are going on a set of 18" Carrozerias.

1. I went with a 120/70zr-18, I felt after looking at all the different sizes that the lower profile tires all seemed to have a more rounded shape that would lend itself to a little smoother transition in and out of the corners (just my opinion)

2. The tread pattern on the G851 looks to be awful close to the pattern that is on the old metzler front tire I have on my FJ1100. I have no complaints at all about that tire.

3. The tires I have on my Carrozerias are not matched...front= Dunlop Roadsmart 120/70zr-18... rear= Dunlop D207 180/55zr-18. No problems. On my FJ I had ,at one point, a metzler on the front and a dunlop on the back, again , no problems whatsoever. You will get differing opinions on this but that is my real life experiance.

Whatever you do I can promise you that you are about to have an entirely different motorcycle. The Carrozerias just may be the single greatest "bang for buck" performance purchase I have ever made for one of my vehicles. They make the Vmax better in every way possible, handling , braking , acceleration , asthetics (personal opinion). If you are dissapointed after you put those wheels on there is something very very wrong with your comprehensive capabilities ( having read alot of your postings you seem to have your head on pretty straight so this should not be a problem).

Trust me....GET THOSE THINGS MOUNTED AND INSTALLED AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! :punk:

The Carr wheels are 3.5" fronts so you NEED to run a 120 front.

DO NOT run a 110.

I run a 120 on my carr's and on my 3.5" sportbike and have NO issues!

Run a Metz Z6 on the front and an Metz ME880 or Avon or Dunlop on the rear...

Thanks guys,

after reading thru the opinions and doing my homework I have decided on the

Bridgestone's

The G851 & G850 120/70ZR-18 Front, and 180/55ZR-18 Rear.

Just ordered them...........

back tyre

got 2000 stock vmax with the old high profile back tyre on. can I put something more, dare I say, sporty, straight on to this original wheel:ummm:

Thanks guys,

after reading thru the opinions and doing my homework I have decided on the

Bridgestone's

The G851 & G850 120/70ZR-18 Front, and 180/55ZR-18 Rear.

Just ordered them...........

I think that you should look at the Michelin Pilots.

I think that you should look at the Michelin Pilots.

They no make the right size...

got 2000 stock vmax with the old high profile back tyre on. can I put something more, dare I say, sporty, straight on to this original wheel:ummm:

That's a negative ghost rider...

Metzler makes an ME880 Bias ply in 170/80-15 That'll give you a larger foot print. Do a search on largest tire though for more info.

Chris

I think your bike looks great - but I thought you would paint it green, because it would remind you of weed :rofl_200:

Mike

Back