After the scare in the air....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
What do you guys think about a full body scanner?

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/33280?tid=37

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/apr/020409-scannerprivacy.htm

Personally I think it SUCKS that it may come to this but the peace of mind is worth it to me. I wouldn't mind sneaking behind the screen and watching while the hotties stand in it... lol

So my take on it, is that it's a much needed technology in our airports.

Our government is against it but these would have seen what this latest guy had beneath his clothing. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=7&ct=image&ved=0CCAQ9QEwBg

http://kissing.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/scanner32.jpg

Chris

Devil's advocate here. 2,000,000 people per day will have their nakedness on display for airport employees. Or, it would get even better to have it suddenly appear on youtube.

How would you feel if you're Sarah Palin, for example, walking through that scanner? Remember what happened with Joe the Plumber's private info?

I don't think we need to ratchet up security...we blew it in this case, and those holes need to be plugged. Napolitano is in way over her head, IMO.

Yeah but the only way these images could get on the web is if a TSA member takes a picture of it with a camera. The image IS NOT saved. It also automatically blurs the face of the person in the machine.

The way we're doing it now isn't adequate anymore IMO. It detects metal... To many things can be done without metal now.

Chris

This is a bandaid on a bullet wound IMO, as long as we keep playing 'catch up ball' we're gonna get burned.

Keep taking honest civilians rights away in the name of nat'l. security but make absolutely certain no terrorists rights are infringed upon along the way.

If all those convicted terrorists in Gitmo were forced to walk thru these scanners it would be considered public humiliation and inhumane treatment, exposing their nudity in such a careless fashion!

And what happens to the guy walking thru with a belt made out of C-4? They catch him and ship him off to Illinois for 3 squares a day and Ben & Jerry's for desert?

That's some real bad treatment right there!! BULLSHIT!

Until we recognize what's going on here, and address it appropriately, it'll just be more of this same crap!

Remember, we don't want to offend anybody. Goodness me!

All terrorists are Muslim men between the ages of 18 and 35. So what do we do? Do we search all Muslim males who are 18 to 35 and or/ look suspicious? No!

We have RANDOM searches so we can check out 5 year old Asian girls. Name one time when a 5 year old Asian girl blew up a plane. It's insane from a statistical standpoint. You don't find defects in your supplier's tires by looking at windshields. If the Firestones are failing we look at the tires - same model - same lot. But with safety and security on the line we take what little resources we have and make sure they are wasted on the insignificant outliers.

The most important thing is that we don't offend anyone. It's OK if people die due to wasted effort and NOT looking at the suspect group.

It burns my a$$ that so many people don't want to offend anyone. I hope those who are so afraid of profiling hold themselves to the same standard. If they are ever robbed at gun or knife point, by a fat middle aged white man in a chef's hat, they better not give a description. We wouldn't want the police singling out all white males who are overweight wearing chef's costumes. Better to search for all the 5 year old Asian girls and my grandmother. After all we don't want to single out any group - that would be bad. Let the police search w/zero information - at least that way no one will be offended.

This is a bandaid on a bullet wound IMO, as long as we keep playing 'catch up ball' we're gonna get burned.

Keep taking honest civilians rights away in the name of nat'l. security but make absolutely certain no terrorists rights are infringed upon along the way.

If all those convicted terrorists in Gitmo were forced to walk thru these scanners it would be considered public humiliation and inhumane treatment, exposing their nudity in such a careless fashion!

And what happens to the guy walking thru with a belt made out of C-4? They catch him and ship him off to Illinois for 3 squares a day and Ben & Jerry's for desert?

That's some real bad treatment right there!! BULLSHIT!

Until we recognize what's going on here, and address it appropriately, it'll just be more of this same crap!

As the crow flies Thompson IL is about 40 miles from my home! :bang head:

I am ALL FOR keeping Gitmo.

All I am saying is lets put these in. We have the tech to do it but the government thinks it needs to defend our right to privacy. I could give two shits about privacy when it comes to me on a plane.

Chris

If it speeds up the whole check-in orocess, I'm all for it. They had a whole body scanner in one of the Swarzenegger sci-fi movies years ago. Now we finally have the technology to use it today. I remember all the doom & gloom predictions when the automotive world switched from carburators to fuel injection. Now we all accept it as being the much better of the two. I do agree, however, about the profiling BS that we have. Profile any group that you need to - if people get offended they can take a boat or a train or even walk as far as I care. Flying in a plane is a privilege, not a right.

besides getting patted down i saw on the news(american channel) that you will not be able to have a blanket and pillow on the last one hour of a flight(as this is what the idiot was burning away) and also no one will be able to get up out of their seat for the last hour of the flight(also cause he got up and went to the can)
now Danny you are talking about a bandaid on a cut, well this is stupid. Next you are going to tell me i cant wear blue pants cause some moron tried to bomb a plane with blue pants on. What a knee jerk reaction, cant get up for one hour befor landing, come on how is this all gonna stop terrorism on a plane???????? just like cant have that little nail file on your nail cutter as carry on, again you are gonna kill someone with that ,but we will still use metal forks/knifes in first class :ummm: that made a lot of sense, ever see what a plastic knife does to a body then breaks off inside.

who comes up with all theses ideas of"safety" on a plane, common sense guys please.......

besides getting patted down i saw on the news(american channel) that you will not be able to have a blanket and pillow on the last one hour of a flight(as this is what the idiot was burning away) and also no one will be able to get up out of their seat for the last hour of the flight(also cause he got up and went to the can)
now Danny you are talking about a bandaid on a cut, well this is stupid. Next you are going to tell me i cant wear blue pants cause some moron tried to bomb a plane with blue pants on. What a knee jerk reaction, cant get up for one hour befor landing, come on how is this all gonna stop terrorism on a plane???????? just like cant have that little nail file on your nail cutter as carry on, again you are gonna kill someone with that ,but we will still use metal forks/knifes in first class :ummm: that made a lot of sense, ever see what a plastic knife does to a body then breaks off inside.

who comes up with all theses ideas of"safety" on a plane, common sense guys please.......

AGREED! 110%! Knee Jerk stupidity...

The current scanner takes 30 seconds but there is a prototype that's just about to be put into service that does it in 3 seconds AS you walk through the device.

Now THAT is the shit!

Chris

There's only one logical explanation for something this ridiculous.....Nancy Pelosi is now in charge of airline security!!

So who'll be the poor embarrassed schmuck who shits his pants during the last hour of flight cause he got the 'trots' from too many Guiness darks the night before his flight home!! :surprise:

There's only one logical explanation for something this ridiculous.....Nancy Pelosi is now in charge of airline security!!

So who'll be the poor embarrassed schmuck who shits his pants during the last hour of flight cause he got the 'trots' from too many Guiness darks the night before his flight home!! :surprise:

:rofl_200::rofl_200: soo true,
not sure on her backround but why dont they use real aviation consultants that know the business to help them make these decisions vs bunch of politician that only want to make their names better, or help themselves get popular vs doing whats right for the industry and the people(all of US!!!!) F!!!!!!

I hereby declare that I wish to apply for position of "body scan reader" at a major international airport working in the woman's line , specializing in fast transit of sports teams, cheerleaders, dancers etc. 18-35 section.

I hereby declare that I wish to apply for position of "body scan reader" at a major international airport working in the woman's line , specializing in fast transit of sports teams, cheerleaders, dancers etc. 18-35 section.

:thumbs up:

Nancy has xray eyes

attachment.php
http://www.vmaxforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12746&d=1262144925

Attachments

• pelosi-nancy-stare.jpg
    pelosi-nancy-stare.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 39
That was uncalled for , I'm throwing a flag . As my dogs say " ruff " . :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL.... Yea, look at the head on that thing! Sorry guys... hope I didn't ruin your breakfast. Our fearless airport taliban hunter. They should just put her picture at airport security, they'll run the other way.

LOL.... Yea, look at the head on that thing! Sorry guys... hope I didn't ruin your breakfast. Our fearless airport taliban hunter. They should just put her picture at airport security, they'll run the other way.
She's hunting for Taliban like O.J. is hunting Nicole & Rons killer !:shot:

Back