Airbox hose routing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbiker

Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Vmax, an 86 model, and it was missing quite a few components including the airbox. I purchased one through Sportmax and it came with the box, two sets of 2 hoses attached to metal plates, 4 large rubber boots, plus two plastic connectors that go between the 4 large rubber boots. My problem is that I don't know how everything hooks together. Can someone post pictures of the inside of their airbox plus where the external hoses go please?

Thanks!

Fatbiker

Maybe some one else will chime in and answere any more questions or pics you need, I hope these pics help some what, The hoses are vent off lines that connect to the top of the carbs.........

Attachments

• A1.JPG
    A1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 64
  • A2.JPG
    A2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 66
  • A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 60
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 61
  • A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 60
I hate to resurrect an old thread but on the underside on the airbox there are 2 adapters for pipes I know where the larger one goes but can anyone tell me where the smaller pipe goes to which would be at the front of the airbox when fitted? cheers

The smaller port at the front of the airbox is a drain. It doesnt get hooked up to anything.

I put a piece of 5/16 hose to it and ran it passed the bottom of the engine so it drains there if needed.

Latest posts

Back