Alaska 2010 or bust ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
This thread is for the discussion of the Ride to Alaska (KJShover's house) 2010!! Let the planning begin.

Have you contacted others to put together a ride? I've done that here, the region I'm in is part of the Canada region.

On the otherhand, I'm now working on an Alaska ride for 2010 for some of the Canadian brothers to ride on over. Anyone is welcome, in a couple of weeks I'll have some of the details worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: VMOA - Why?

Have you contacted others to put together a ride? I've done that here, the region I'm in is part of the Canada region.

On the otherhand, I'm now working on an Alaska ride for 2010 for some of the Canadian brothers to ride on over. Anyone is welcome, in a couple of weeks I'll have some of the details worked out.
Hmmmm.....I think there might be more than a few U.S. Vmaxers that might want to do this too.:punk: Looking forward to what you get worked out, let me know how I might help out!

Hmmmm.....I think there might be more than a few U.S. Vmaxers that might want to do this too.:punk: Looking forward to what you get worked out, let me know how I might help out! :thumbsup:

Sorry, I let the cat out of the bag.......... was discussing and dropped the ball:doh:

Sorry, I let the cat out of the bag.......... was discussing and dropped the ball:doh:
LOL! not a problem, it woulda been tough to keep it a secret if we had many more than just us going. The element of surprise was just one small part of the plan, however it would have been cool to see the look on KJ's face as we pulled up! As the commercial says; PRICELESS!
The best part will be the ride and fellowship with all who come along, whether on Vmaxs or not! The border crossings should be fun too if we have 20 or more Vmax's rumbling up to the checkpoint!

I only have a couple of things I need to make sure of:

1) Is there enough parking space?
2) I have dibs on a comfortable sleeping spot LOL:biglaugh:

Border crossings will be the fun part. That and fuel management!

Border crossings will be the fun part. That and fuel management!

Glad you brought this up Jim. What about the poor support truck driver, trying to transport all that fuel across the International Border. :biglaugh:

I'm thinking that poor guy will be in the border station lockdown before the ride even begins!! :bang head:

Glad you brought this up Jim. What about the poor support truck driver, trying to transport all that fuel across the International Border. :biglaugh:

I'm thinking that poor guy will be in the border station lockdown before the ride even begins!! :bang head:

We will have to empty all the fuel cans before we get there!!!:biglaugh: It will be all the other gear that takes some explaining LOL. You just have to make sure that you are on a "riding" rotation and not driving the support truck at that time hehehehe.

We will have to empty all the fuel cans before we get there!!!:biglaugh: It will be all the other gear that takes some explaining LOL. You just have to make sure that you are on a "riding" rotation and not driving the support truck at that time hehehehe.

Yup! The other gear could be dicey! LOL

We could have Cop Runner driving the support truck at the border, that would certainly be worth the price of admission!!! Can you say HUGE INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT!! :rofl_200:

This thread is for the discussion of the Ride to Alaska (KJShover's house) 2010!! Let the planning begin.

My thoughts were that we should cross in southern Canada (much nicer ride than the northern US) sometime in August of 2010. Head north in BC, cross into Alaska, and then off to KJ's place. Sounds like we have our support vehicle driver, thx Dan, and a few of us getting ready 2 years in advance.

My thoughts were that we should cross in southern Canada (much nicer ride than the northern US) sometime in August of 2010. Head north in BC, cross into Alaska, and then off to KJ's place. Sounds like we have our support vehicle driver, thx Dan, and a few of us getting ready 2 years in advance.

OK I dirty'd this up a bit by cleaning the VMOA thread but I made some changes to KJ's post to clear it up a bit.

Gluck everyone! I'd love to go but NO WAY my back (and butt) would do it!:biglaugh:

OK I dirty'd this up a bit by cleaning the VMOA thread but I made some changes to KJ's post to clear it up a bit.

Gluck everyone! I'd love to go but NO WAY my back (and butt) would do it!:biglaugh:

Thx Chris!!!! Sorry for the hijack. You could ride in the support vehicle and trailer your bike with Dannymax:eusa_dance:

I HOPE YOU GUY'S WON'T MIND IF ME & DANNYMAX FLY UP & JUST USE YOUR BIKES TO DO STUNT'S , BURN-OUTS , & MAYBE I'LL GIVE THE ALASKAN POOOLICE A LITTLE ACTION !:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I'm thinking so far, a ride to Skinny Dick's, The Howling dog saloon, Two rivers for some grub, then off to Chena Hot Springs for some R&R.

The best way would be to cut across the YT, hmmm I can't remember the eatery but theres a honey of a waitress in Whitehorse :drool: a brunette who's butt scientists can calibrate thier equipment on (Canadian women rock).

I'll ride out to Delta Junction and meet up with you guys, we can stop for some grub and gas. then its a 90 mile jaunt into Fairbanks with gas stations at the 50, 80 mile mark inbound so fuel is no issue.

My T-boost works great while touring, I bought it not for the 3k opening, but for an easy way to shut the V-boost off while I'm touring. I've ran as high as 47mpg with it turned off while on the highway. With it set at normal I average between 38-41 depending on how much wrist I throw in it.

I'm working on a basic map and trying to include the fill-ups for you all.

And yup Jim, I have a guest room reserved for you. That leaves me one more spare room. There are a couple of hotels within a block of my place, the super 8 and the captain bartlett. A friend of mine owns a pike's hotel, I'm going to hit him up for a rate reduction. But I'll have all that figured out way before the trip starts so there will be no suprises.

here are a couple of links:
http://www.chenahotsprings.com/
http://www.skinnydicksak.com/
http://www.tworiverslodge.com/
http://www.myspace.com/howlingdogsalooncrew

It all depends on what I have for a steed but I may be in on this. I'll know better next year for sure though! I would LOVE to ride Alaska.

It looks to me that this ride is going to get big!!! If it is half as successful as I think it will be, we will have some great times.

As a suggestion, what do you think about breaking the support vehicle/tailgunner/photographer duties into sections? (prolly what a lot of riders that can't do the whole run will do, also).

Example: Using the VMOA Regional map as a template, I could pick up everyone coming up the east coast and tail guard across the NE Region to southern Ontario, or where ever the crossing is. Then someone from that region can pick up from there, and so on.

Might be fun to bring an item from southern Fl, whatever, can of seafoam, doesn't matter, and hand it to KJ in Fairbanks. Kinda the V Max "holy grail." :biglaugh:

Back