Alternate Rear Shock Upper Mount

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratt1eHead

Reaction score
Well this is my first post to the forum, and I have a '97 Max that I've had for about 2 months. I love the bike. But I now want to make it ME. I'm looking to lower the bike right now about an inch or so. I can do the front fork lowering mod, that takes care if the front part of the bike. Now, about the rear. I'm not looking to spend a couple to a few hundred dollars on rear shocks. My OEM's work fine. I have noticed (and not sure if anyone else has) that the front sissy bar bolt will work perfectly to lower the rear about 1". Now I can weld, cut, and fabricate anything that I need to. Just wondering if anyone has used this space for the shock mount. I know the bolt itself will not support the suspension, but i can weld or bolt in a shock mount in its place. Has anyone out there done this? Or am I going to be the first?

Not sure that's been moved to that location. There should be another much older thread where another guy made a custom bracket like you are wanting to do.

Keep in mind, it's not just buying a shock to get lowering. It's also buying a BETTER shock then the stock shock and getting the custom length at the same time. Numerous people buy aftermarket shocks and keep the SAME length because the want to increase the bikes ride and handling.

Latest posts

Back