And So It Begins...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reason enough to ensure your exhaust is more quiet than not, if you have vigilant enforcement. They probably are responding to a complaint from a neighbor. Not a good time to run a UFO 4/1 DragStar.

That's friggin hilarious !!!!!!! and just so you know my buddy w/the harley we were riding with says he don't wanna ride next to you ever again !!!!! LOL

Thats bad when the Harley guys think it's too loud!.......:biglaugh:.......On another note, I could come over and raise hell in your neighborhood and they would think it was you!.............:rofl_200:..............Tom.

I'm very lucky to live in a neighborhood that's very Leery of what I may do in response. Loud Cars, Trucks and Vmax Burnouts live here. Also most have seen the weapons I carry to the range and have witnessed many of the fights I've been in. After 33 years, No one complains...:clapping:

I'm altering the baffles on the Exhaust at work today. It really is obnoxiously loud. I'd like to tone it down just a bit. Then maybe the Harley boys will ride with me again!!

I'm very lucky to live in a neighborhood that's very Leery of what I may do in response. Loud Cars, Trucks and Vmax Burnouts live here. Also most have seen the weapons I carry to the range and have witnessed many of the fights I've been in. After 33 years, No one complains...:clapping:

Dave...lol....thats funny when you have the entire neighborhood cowed.

Nice, I have/had the UFO drag. I could handle it one summer, bought the Megaphone with a 1.5" & a 2.5 opening. I also picked up muffler packing from Dennis Kirk.. I got sick of even with ear plugs getting a headache and not being able to hear with my left ear... It's still pretty loud, but not to where I am deaf in the right ear now...

Nice, I have/had the UFO drag. I could handle it one summer, bought the Megaphone with a 1.5" & a 2.5 opening. I also picked up muffler packing from Dennis Kirk.. I got sick of even with ear plugs getting a headache and not being able to hear with my left ear... It's still pretty loud, but not to where I am deaf in the right ear now...

At least you could buy different mufflers for it. There is one of the downsides of the VooDoo set up...slash cuts are all they offer to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job vanbry. You might gain some bottom end also. IMO thats a great way to set the baffle up. Im sure we will meet on a ride soon and i will slow down and ride next two you but at that speed i might be on the back wheel still.LOL. So are you going to thunder with us we welcome you to.

Nice job vanbry. You might gain some bottom end also. IMO thats a great way to set the baffle up. Im sure we will meet on a ride soon and i will slow down and ride next two you but at that speed i might be on the back wheel still.LOL. So are you going to thunder with us we welcome you to.

I'm an old fart, so I don't mind bringing up the rear!:worthy:

I just tried to look for a timeline for Michigan people leaving and returning from Thunder. I might be able to make it, but it's iffy because our summer shut down starts on the 27th, and I'm expected to work from then until the 5th of July. However, if I managed to get home on the 28th, so that I could get to work first thing on the 29th, I might be able to make it happen. I have been looking at the Thunder thread, and see some talk of a ride down, but nothing in stone. If Tom or anyone else in my area are riding, feel free to let me know what's going on.

NiiiiCccceee!
Had a buddy in northern Ontario with an "old" style Hindle. Real old. I think he tore the packing out of it too. Anyhow, he was pulled over by the police for "excessive" noise and given a fine. He paid it at the MTO, and proceeded to ride the bike as it was.
Unlucky him, not long after the same office pulled him over for excessive noise again. This time not only was a charge laid, but he was to appear in court now. When in court the judge ordered him to restore the bike to factory equipment or pull the bike off the road. He argued that this is the way he had purchased the bike and hadn't any of the OEM pipes etc. The judge held firm.
I lost touch with him and so I never found out what he finally did, until one day my bros told me he had sold the bike for parts or something like that.
Solidarity boys! Here's to LOUD PIPES SAVING LIVES. To heck with those tree huggers!

At least you could buy different mufflers for it. There is one of the downsides of the VooDoo set up...slash cuts are all they offer to go with it.

I am willing to bet that Mike at UFO can get you their. They look the same, does anyone know if they are? They have a contact link on their Voodoo site, I would shoot them a email and see about buying the megaphone.. It might not look as sharp, but it's not as sharp to the ears.....And I will also say nobody like riding behind me, going thru a tunnel was hell also...

I am willing to bet that Mike at UFO can get you their. They look the same, does anyone know if they are? They have a contact link on their Voodoo site, I would shoot them a email and see about buying the megaphone.. It might not look as sharp, but it's not as sharp to the ears.....And I will also say nobody like riding behind me, going thru a tunnel was hell also...

I read that the UFO pipes are 1/4 inch bigger diameter. We will see what the change in baffles does.

I have a UFO megaphone for my UFO DragStar, it's 2-1/2" i.d. where the exhaust pipe collector connects to it. I ordered/bought it from Jon just before he died, it may be the last one he made. He didn't have any in-stock, so I had to wait several weeks before he made one & it showed up in the mail, and then I saw on the 'net where he had died.

I read that the UFO pipes are 1/4 inch bigger diameter. We will see what the change in baffles does.

Final result of the tame the VooDoo exhaust, sans the fiberglass wrapping. I went with the same type of expanded metal as the rest of the baffle. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434986189.173720.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1434986202.374234.jpg

Latest posts

Back