Another fallen vmax rider. I am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed away

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax2extreme

Reaction score
Latest postings from the VMOA.....

I am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed away yesterday in a bike accident. Please keep Edward's family in your prayers.

Saturday, November 06, 2010
Edward Parnall, 63, dies in South Carolina motorcycle crash

Myrtle Beach, SC, USA -- A 63-year-old man from Canada has died after a single motorcycle crash this morning in Horry County, according to authorities.

Edward Parnall, of Ontario, Canada, was pronounced dead at 2:23 p.m. today at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center from injuries he suffered in the crash, said Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard.

The incident occurred at 11:25 a.m. when Parnall, traveling north on S.C.31 on a 1985 Yamaha, exited onto a ramp to U.S.501 N, lost control of the motorcycle, and slid off the left side of the roadway, said Sgt. Kelley Hughes with the S.C. Highway Patrol.

Parnall was the only person on the motorcycle, Hughes said. Parnall was wearing a helmet.

Re: Another fallen vmax riderI am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed awa

I saw this on the VMOA Site but got kicked out of the system. My sincere condolences to his family. This could happen to any of us. :sad2:at any time.

Re: Another fallen vmax riderI am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed awa

RIP Brother:wave bye: Am keeping his family in my prayers during their time of need.

As an aside his son is having the bike delivered to him and he is planning on fixing it back up. If I can find out a list of parts needed I will post here and see if we can put together what he needs at minimal cost.

RIP Brother!

This is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Edwards family today.

Sorry to hear the news, thoughts and prayers go out to the Parnell family and friends.
Jim, I'll keep a look out for what's needed to get the bike running again for his son.

Aw jeez, more bad news! Rest In Peace Brother! :sad2:

Todays prayers for you brother,R.I.P.

So sad to hear this news, RIP Edward and prayers to family and friends.

Mike

It's horrible to lose another member of our brotherhood, Jim has a great idea about helping Edwards' son repair his Max.

Rip

Re: Another fallen vmax rider. I am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed a

You're free at last

does anyone know any more details about the accident? blown tire? gravel?

Re: Another fallen vmax rider. I am sorry to report that another VMOA member passed a

Hello everyone. This is Edwards son Jay. First of I want to thank you all for your posts and it truly helps all (wife; Ruth & daughter; Mandy and myself) feel connected to his world threw this organization. I always enjoyed reading his VBoost's (a couple copies always in the bathroom) and as mentioned the bike is home and in a few days I will take it to the shop that has done any work Edward (Ted) wanted done. He had clutch work done just before the trip. They know him, the bike, and i look forward to confirming the beautiful machine will be safe to ride again.

Ted was in a left hand corner, we don't know what caused the slip, and he slid into the guardrail. the bike slid on its left side and came into contact with the rail front first. Wheel, forks, fender, rad, handle bars, gauges, mirrors and the like are crushed so I am hoping the neck will still be true. I have ridden a bike repaired from a crash and experienced a speed wobble so that is our first concern.

I will continue his membership. I have ridden his MAX many times, and hope to return to the corner and take the bike ALL the way around this time.

Hello everyone. This is Edwards son Jay. First of I want to thank you all for your posts and it truly helps all (wife; Ruth & daughter; Mandy and myself) feel connected to his world threw this organization. I always enjoyed reading his VBoost's (a couple copies always in the bathroom) and as mentioned the bike is home and in a few days I will take it to the shop that has done any work Edward (Ted) wanted done. He had clutch work done just before the trip. They know him, the bike, and i look forward to confirming the beautiful machine will be safe to ride again.

Ted was in a left hand corner, we don't know what caused the slip, and he slid into the guardrail. the bike slid on its left side and came into contact with the rail front first. Wheel, forks, fender, rad, handle bars, gauges, mirrors and the like are crushed so I am hoping the neck will still be true. I have ridden a bike repaired from a crash and experienced a speed wobble so that is our first concern.

I will continue his membership. I have ridden his MAX many times, and hope to return to the corner and take the bike ALL the way around this time.

Aw, man. Sad stuff. Good on you for putting the bike back in shape, and look forward to your report. Again, condolences. This isn't supposed to happen to VMaxers.

Hi Jay, really sorry to hear about your Dad, our prayers go out to you and your family.

Thanks for filling us in on the crash details and your plans for the bike. Glad you will be staying in the forum and look forward to progress updates on the rebuild.

We will help any way we can. :punk:

Danny

Jay, thanks for taking the time to stop by and give us a update. As others have previouisly mentioned it was sad to hear of you and your family's loss, blessings on all of you.
If there is anything you need parts wise let us know and we should be able to help you out. I truly would love to follow you all the way around that corner with my Vmax!

So Sad, RIP Edward.

Kdos to you Jay for what you are doing...

As a side note to those who kind of keep thier Vmax group/forum separate from the rest of thier life, it would be a good idea to make sure your loved ones know how to contact who ever you associate with in the Vmax community so in the event of a tragedy of this type your family will be able to contact the great support system that is found here.

My friend Brian's family up north, who died two weeks ago, has gotten a lot of help in dealing with stuff on this end and several houston vmaxxers have taken time off from work to help make arrangement, deal with his personal items, and pack stuff up and actually trailer his personal belongings up north to his family on thier own time and at their own expense...This is a great community we have here....

Jay, thanks for taking the time to stop by and give us a update. As others have previouisly mentioned it was sad to hear of you and your family's loss, blessings on all of you.
If there is anything you need parts wise let us know and we should be able to help you out. I truly would love to follow you all the way around that corner with my Vmax!

What a terrific tribute to a fallen brother that would be!! Great idea Brian! :punk:

Jay, when you get to that ride, and if you feel like company, give a shout....!

Latest posts

Back