Anyone have this windscreen installed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the exact same one on my 85. I have no complaints about it. very easy to install. If your a taller rider there have been comments about the wind hitting you in the chest. As far as comparing it two the OEM I could not give an opinion as I have never had one.

Attachments

• black bars, mirror's,sheld.jpg
    black bars, mirror's,sheld.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 82
Yes I have pictures but they are at home and I am at work tonight. I will try to post some for you as soon as I get back from a job interview today. Hopefully I can get this job. A lot more money and more directly related to my field of expertise. :biglaugh:

Rusty is right, mostly for looks. It does keep the wind blast off my chest and up to about mid shield dependent upon the angle it is set at.

I've got a similar one on mine, it does help keep the wind off of your chest and if your a bigger guy like me then it does actually help quite a bit.uploadfromtaptalk1401287122606.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I have had the OEM version and the Givi A123 which is what I use now. A little bigger than the OEM and less expensive. I use the OEM Mini-shield for trips and this around town.

Here is a couple of pictures of my max with the mini windshield.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 74
so is isn't much bigger than OEM? I like the aesthetics of the OEM and don't want to get too far away from that

Yes, it is bigger then the OEM windscreen. At least half again the size of the OEM, but it still looks nice on the bike without being to " gumpy "

I like mine, I think it breaks wind nicely...

Your windscreen farts at you?
rainbowhuh.png

I hope it didn't eat eggs and cabbage!
rainbowlaugh.png

Mine is slightly different...but I like it as it provides some protection at higher speeds...handlebar.jpg

FMC, what does this style run for, and does it have different colors. Don't know if I'd like smoked look or clear.

Say, what is that bar you have clamped on the handlebar behind the windshield?

That's probably part of his dirt bike handlebar set up in case he takes a curve too fast and hits the cornstalks.

If your wanting to keep the factory looks but get more wind protection check out this website. http://www.bikescreen.com/search.asp I noticed they sell the factory windscreen and then have some that are +2 and +5 inches over stock. They sell just the plastic so you will need to have the mounting hardware...just a thought. Personally I have the factory style and height for looks and just to keep the rain off my shift light is why I got mine.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405470173.329623.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Back