Apology to Garrett

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnblaid

Reaction score
Since I've been here, I've gotten into several scrapes with Garrett, one of the moderators who, I though, had a lot of political opinions that were vastly different from mine and which I disagreed with strongly.

I recently sent him a PM and invited him to have a dialog with me.

I was wrong about him. He and I agree on a lot. He is a thoughtful person who is just as concerned about our country and the directions it is taking as I am.

I'd like to apologize to him for treating him unfairly without first trying to get to know him.

An ignorant man will defend the indefensible, a wise man will reconsider his position and reposition accordingly. To back down is not necessarily to lose the argument but merely a means to reconsider ones strategy and move forward accordingly.
The better man will be the winner in all things when wisdom shines through.

Chris.

I must plead ignorance because I sometimes knowingly and with great and honest conviction, defend the indefensible and the truly nightmarish. Perhaps because I have seen some nightmares.

As to the rest of your comment, thank you for it but this is not a situation where I am trying to win some contest or argument with Garrett. Garret is a person deserving of much more respect than I gave him and that's really all there is to it. I am glad he was charitable enough to spend his time responding to my PM. He could have rightfully ignored it but he chose not to. I thank him for that. Garrett made me understand that it's time to give up on some things that I held dear because they are gone and cannot be recovered. he himself admitted that he has few solutions to some of the problems that vex both of us in our world but his is the wise way. Don't get worked up over something you can do nothing about. My solutions are totally theoretical and totally unachievable and so far past Machiavellian in their amorality that they are far worse than any horror movie yet imagined. So why even bring them up? It will do no good. I need to chill out.

Since I've been here, I've gotten into several scrapes with Garrett, one of the moderators who, I though, had a lot of political opinions that were vastly different from mine and which I disagreed with strongly.

I recently sent him a PM and invited him to have a dialog with me.

I was wrong about him. He and I agree on a lot. He is a thoughtful person who is just as concerned about our country and the directions it is taking as I am.

I'd like to apologize to him for treating him unfairly without first trying to get to know him.

I must plead ignorance because I sometimes knowingly and with great and honest conviction, defend the indefensible and the truly nightmarish. Perhaps because I have seen some nightmares.

As to the rest of your comment, thank you for it but this is not a situation where I am trying to win some contest or argument with Garrett. Garret is a person deserving of much more respect than I gave him and that's really all there is to it. I am glad he was charitable enough to spend his time responding to my PM. He could have rightfully ignored it but he chose not to. I thank him for that. Garrett made me understand that it's time to give up on some things that I held dear because they are gone and cannot be recovered. he himself admitted that he has few solutions to some of the problems that vex both of us in our world but his is the wise way. Don't get worked up over something you can do nothing about. My solutions are totally theoretical and totally unachievable and so far past Machiavellian in their amorality that they are far worse than any horror movie yet imagined. So why even bring them up? It will do no good. I need to chill out.

It was John who offered the olive branch though, and kudos are definitely deserved. He took the time to write a lengthy email, and not explain his views, ask about mine, get to know me, so that he might find a common ground to discuss things further with me and how to work together towards more than merely co-existing on a forum. He then responded to my points, discussion topics and questions with truthful answers some of which I agreed, some I didn't but that's why everyone is entitled to their opinions. My respect for him, as well as a better understanding of his view on the world have both gone up considerably.

I look forward to our continued discussions John.

Wow, another great example of the good people, mature attitudes and sharp minds that make this forum a true standout....

It's a gift that we Massholes are blessed with...just by living in the Commonwealth and seeing how our most honorable politicians listen and do what's best for all , makes us bettah people... :worthy:

PS...the preceding statement was of a sarcastic intent and should be taken as such...:biglaugh:

Bottom line is this , Garrett is a good person and that alone makes for a good moderator in this world of the internet bike forums...:punk:

It was John who offered the olive branch though, and kudos are definitely deserved. He took the time to write a lengthy email, and not explain his views, ask about mine, get to know me, so that he might find a common ground to discuss things further with me and how to work together towards more than merely co-existing on a forum. He then responded to my points, discussion topics and questions with truthful answers some of which I agreed, some I didn't but that's why everyone is entitled to their opinions. My respect for him, as well as a better understanding of his view on the world have both gone up considerably.

I look forward to our continued discussions John.

Johns statements, This thread, and Garrett's statements, both say a lot about both of them.

:clapping:

I watched and finally dropped from Big Bike World forum ( even before I sold my ZX11) change from a great forum to one that has failed. Nasty personal attacks, lies, and people being banned were the slippery slope that led to BBW's demise. It is pretty much gone.

This is a GREAT forum,
Lew L

Back