Armed and safe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are major problems in this country, people are under tremendous pressures, drugs and street violence are out of control, the family unit is fractured, the pace is frantic, religion is history, national leadership sucks, prisons and mental health facilities are overcrowded, we are losing more of our military personnel to suicide than conflict....AND Russia is probly on the verge of annihilating Syria. Just to mention a very few....

There are no easy answers and focusing on 'guns' as a way to resolve these complex issues is like placing restrictions on silverware to curb obesity.

The "We've got to start somewhere" approach is no different then the "We've got to do something....even if it's wrong" approach. There is no 'trial and error' with this....knee jerk legislation is not the way to go. :rant:

I'm with ya there Dann-o. The uninformed or ill educated read about restrictions and think that will solve all our problems. The problem goes way beyond fire arms. If you could take away every firearm on the planet and assure me of no one ever acquiring one, never mind, that's impossible. There would be a new means of extreme violence if you could. Use your imaginations. Remember the box cutter assassins on 9/11? They managed plenty of carnage with out a gun. As long as we have hate, there will be issues. Invite God back into the schools for a start.

I'm with ya there Dann-o. The uninformed or ill educated read about restrictions and think that will solve all our problems. The problem goes way beyond fire arms. If you could take away every firearm on the planet and assure me of no one ever acquiring one, never mind, that's impossible. There would be a new means of extreme violence if you could. Use your imaginations. Remember the box cutter assassins on 9/11? They managed plenty of carnage with out a gun. As long as we have hate, there will be issues. Invite God back into the schools for a start.

Right Steve-o....and the flag and the pledge of allegiance and everything else that we fought for and USED to hold sacred!!

Ya know,when I was a kid guns were easier to get.Heck most country folk had 2 of them hanging in the back window of their pickups.You could even take them to school and keep them in your car if you were going to go hunting after school.But that was when almost all children had a mom and a dad under the same roof and when you could physically discipline your child in public without the chance of being thrown in jail.Back when most kids were raised with some structure and respect.Guns are no different now than they were then,PEOPLE ARE..Watch a few old episodes of the "WALTONS" and you will see what I mean!

Times change. Laws and regulations need to change in order to keep up with the times. Slavery was once legal in the US, too.

Times change. Laws and regulations need to change in order to keep up with the times. Slavery was once legal in the US, too.

Its easy to say that times change...but the people have changed from when I graduated high school in 89. No one thought anything about having gun racks in their pick ups.....and having a shotgun or 2. Fights still happened.....but NO ONE ever thought about using a gun our a knife in a fight.

Some of my own personal history....Ive taken martial arts as a whole for about the last 13 years. My favourite was was a style that would use any technique from any other martial arts that works....with that being said....I have always enjoyed the Filipino art of Kali. It is stick and knife fighting. I would much rather get shot.....than to go up against someone that knows how to knife fight.

The whole point of this is ANYTHING can be used as a weapon if a bad person wants to hurt you. Do we need to lock up sticks and knives too?

He is just a beginning Sinwali (or drill) watch how this guy moves and you can see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygq_UcJ1naU

I agree. I do not suggest that we enact legislation on guns, I suggest we do so on the PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM. Nobody should be able to drive to a Wal-Mart and leave with a gun after 15 minutes. THAT is (one reason) why there are so many illegal guns.

- Require competency-based licensing of the individuals. (One must hold a competency-based licence to purchase or own guns.) Said license must be renewed every few years.

- Require individual gun registration with the states and the feds. Require liability insurance on the guns.

- Perhaps there should be gun inspections annually too, in order to find illegal modifications, and ensure that the owner still has the gun(s.)

- If the owner violates any laws, then he or she would assess points. Too many points and they lose their license and guns.

- If he or she uses the gun(s) while intoxicated, then they should lose their licenses (and guns) and go to jail.

Again, I am just making suggestions since it seems that some here are willing to say why something WON'T work, but cannot seem to come up with ideas that WILL work.

I do not mean to offend anyone with these suggestions. I know that people feel very strongly about their gun rights, and I don't doubt that most or all of you are RESPONSIBLE gun owners. I know that you would also like to see an end to the ever-increasing gun violence.

I agree. I do not suggest that we enact legislation on guns, I suggest we do so on the PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM. Nobody should be able to drive to a Wal-Mart and leave with a gun after 15 minutes. THAT is (one reason) why there are so many illegal guns.

- Require competency-based licensing of the individuals. (One must hold a competency-based licence to purchase or own guns.) Said license must be renewed every few years.

- Require individual gun registration with the states and the feds. Require liability insurance on the guns.

- Perhaps there should be gun inspections annually too, in order to find illegal modifications, and ensure that the owner still has the gun(s.)

- If the owner violates any laws, then he or she would assess points. Too many points and they lose their license and guns.

- If he or she uses the gun(s) while intoxicated, then they should lose their licenses (and guns) and go to jail.

Again, I am just making suggestions since it seems that some here are willing to say why something WON'T work, but cannot seem to come up with ideas that WILL work.

I do not mean to offend anyone with these suggestions. I know that people feel very strongly about their gun rights, and I don't doubt that most or all of you are RESPONSIBLE gun owners. I know that you would also like to see an end to the ever-increasing gun violence.

All of those are good points....but those are only gonna apply to law abiding people. More aggressive policing worked in NYC in the 90's and brought down the murder rate. Stop and frisk worked really well......but then the push back was.....your only stopping and frisking me because of my race.....(even though it worked)

Like Ive told several people.....one of the worst things that came out of the 60's (and I blame hippies for it) was the fact that in the 70's and these people were parents.....the wanted to be FRIENDS with their kids.....and not be parents anymore. They no longer taught their kids....that you screw up.....and there are consequences for their actions. And dont forget we are nice.....and everyone gets a trophy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=238R7u8fS78

Like Ive told several people.....one of the worst things that came out of the 60's (and I blame hippies for it) was the fact that in the 70's and these people were parents.....the wanted to be FRIENDS with their kids.....and not be parents anymore. They no longer taught their kids....that you screw up.....and there are consequences for their actions. And dont forget we are nice.....and everyone gets a trophy.

Understood, acknowledged, and agreed!

I have two sons in their 40's , we raised them to respect others and follow the rules of society . We were friends with them and yet raised them firmly without being unfair and not allowing them to have their own views and values . So the ' hippie ' reference is out the window . There is no one way that works all the time for everyone . Everybody has to do what works for them .:worthy:

BTW , the idea of gun owners having to buy insurance is just plain stupid . Bad enough the government forces us to buy health insurance , and we stood there and did it like sheeple , insurance companies are all for this...can you tell me why genius ? I hope you get the opportunity to pay for everything the government says you need ...like what car to drive/what food you can eat/what programs you can watch on TV...read about hitler in munich in1938 , see if it's what you have in mind...:confused2:

You didn't get my meaning when I was meaning friends with their kids. Friends don't teach....parents do. Friends are more interested being friends on their kids Facebook. ...or even MySpace pages.....when that was relevant.

Everyone has seen parents that will allow kids to walk all over them....so much to the point that the kids are actually in charge controlling the relationship.

That's what I ment.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Well, oldtimer, since you think what I suggested is "stupid", let's hear your brilliant ideas... I'm sure you are full of them.

I do not suggest that we enact legislation on guns, I suggest we do so on the PEOPLE WHO OWN THEM.

Already been tried....take a look at Guv Blomos cutting edge legislative disaster here in NY....can't obtain total cost figures for that piece of kneejerk legislation but the background check system alone was at least $100 million!

I agree completely. And that is exactly why we need stricter regulations to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. When someone can just walk into a wal-mart and buy a gun in 15 minutes, something is seriously wrong.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. Chit - there ain't no way it should take even the slowest Walmart clerks more than 7-8 minutes to check someone out when selling them a gun. 15 minutes you say? That ain't right at all. Walmart needs to train their clerks for improved speed and efficiency.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. Chit - there ain't no way it should take even the slowest Walmart clerks more than 7-8 minutes to check someone out when selling them a gun. 15 minutes you say? That ain't right at all. Walmart needs to train their clerks for improved speed and efficiency.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

One question that I have.....how do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals.....when criminals by definition don't obey the law? Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country.....and looking at their number of shootings due to gang violence. There is a shooting about every 2 hrs.

I , as much as I want to, can't let this irrational concept slip by. I hear this sound byte so much to justify lack of reasonable laws to get guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them. I ask if Chicago didn't have their so-called strict gun laws how much more would be the gun violence? 2X as much, 4X as much? Guess what, it can't be answered. Because no one knows. Second problem which makes the Chicago reference absurd is there is no way to police what is brought into the city. There are no metal detectors one has to go through entering the city limits. DUH!
David

Hey....Oklahoma has ccw. ...and open carry......and have low crime rates....that argument doesn't carry water.

Hey.....your lord and savior Obama is from Chicago. ....if anyone would have the answers.....I thought it was you. Still enjoying the safety of Mexico?

That still won't do it, as the majority of criminals don't buy guns through legitimate outlets. They get most of them off the streets from other criminals, or steal them.

This may or may not be true. I don't know or care. What I do know is there are too many mass shootings in the U.S. Simply unacceptable. Most of the people who do the shootings were not criminals before the act and legally brought guns or what backgrounds checks were done allowed the sale to take place. there is case in the cvourts right now with the NRA breathing all over it. Two police got murdered. The gun store is being sued and charged, I think. The store sold the gun to a qualified buyer with the full knowledge the buyer was immediately selling it to another fellow who couldn't legally buy a gun. I guess making some money was the most important thing in mind.
David

The first there are too many shootings here....leave and go back to Mexico where it is safer.

Latest posts

Back