ask a gen 1 and 2 owner..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
any questions let em fly while i have them both.

and yes, the seat is WAAAAYYYY better

well the obvious question of course.
which one gets more pu..
I mean, which tank is easier to fill? :D

the comfort level is like 10 times better than the gen 1. the whole bike is bigger all around.

I'm a pretty tall guy, Gen II was like sitting on one of Budweiser's Horses.:rofl_200:

mattness: You beat me to it.:sad2: It is more comfy....

when i was signing this loan, i just kept telling myself you only get 1 ride on this rock, and u cant have no in your heart. its not too late for you man go get yours

mattness: My ride on this rock should have been over long ago. I've used and abused myself doing things that should have been physically impossible. After all the work I just completed on my Gen I, the only thing that doesn't hurt is the hair on my head. That's because I buzzed it all off.:biglaugh: I'd love to have gotten the one I was looking at, especially with that serial number. I have too many toys already to justify another right now. Still hoping for the Lottery or that a Meteorite will hit my truck and make it worth a hundred thousand dollars. Same Odds. :rofl_200:

ok i just got back from my first ride on it literally my hands are still cold.

10 times more comfortable, but im 6ft tall and couldnt flat foot at a stop. :((i can flat foot one foot but not both)

brakes are waaaaayyy better. way better

oh and how fast is it? when i pulled out of the driveway onto the street in first gear it was bunny hopping cuz i wasnt used to the throttle and it was going up and down up and down lol

it will go 70 mph in first gear. no joke.

i didnt test the g forces cuz i never went over 1/3rd throttle. but im for sure if you snapped that throttle in first gear youd be sitting on the pavement spinning in circles goin WTF?? as the bike sped off without you

even with my gen 1 experience its still like a whole new bike. its gonna take me a looong time to get used to the power.

oh and the bike itself. i never noticed the frame wiggle on the gen 1.... until i sat on this. this bike is sturdy and straight.

my knees dont sit on the scoops like the old one

my leg doesnt touch the engine

and yes it has a fuel gauge.

oh and a monster tach where u can actually see it. i was cruising along in 3rd gear thinking... this isnt THAT fast... look down im goin 90... oh shiz...

Last edited:
ok i took another quick ride. this bike handles great, i mean sportbike good. its hard to describe handling but its like..

if youre going through a turn... you can take your hands off the bars,, and it would finish the turn... lol thats what it feels like. you feel so planted... until you shift into second and the bike spins up on you and kicks to the left a little bit.. other than that.. its great!!

the throttle takes a while to get used to, this is my first fuel injected bike. it doesnt feel as natural to me as the gen 1 did.

for example when you let off the gas on the gen 1.. it still has fuel for a second... this one when you let off.. the fuel is gone.. and when you twist again... youre a rocket blasting off

ok i took another quick ride. this bike handles great, i mean sportbike good. its hard to describe handling but its like..

Go on, rub it in why don't cha. CURSE YOU 15" REAR WHEEL!

Have fun getting 80 miles to a tank though! I'll be cruisin all the way to 120 before I need gas...talk about a highway star. :rofl_200:

But really, glad to hear you're blown away by it. Even if I had the money, the MSRP on it is just crazy, so maybe in 5 years when a used one can be had for $7-8k I'll look into it.

Go on, rub it in why don't cha. CURSE YOU 15" REAR WHEEL!

Have fun getting 80 miles to a tank though! I'll be cruisin all the way to 120 before I need gas...talk about a highway star. :rofl_200:

But really, glad to hear you're blown away by it. Even if I had the money, the MSRP on it is just crazy, so maybe in 5 years when a used one can be had for $7-8k I'll look into it.

i would look into kosman. i did radials and a swingarm for around $1k with tires and powdercoating with some trade-ins to sean...

Wait till your over the death grip on the throttle, it should get better.:rofl_200:

ya im not gonna lie im scared of it. if you full throttled this bike in 1st gear you wouldnt go anywhere. it does feel like youre leaned forward just a tad more on the gen 2 than the gen 1 also.

i would look into kosman. i did radials and a swingarm for around $1k with tires and powdercoating with some trade-ins to sean...

Does going to a 17 or 18" wheel mess up the "gearing" of the bike, or do the much lower profile tires kind of cancel it out? I already have the Venture drive, sold my stock one a while ago. Does putting a radial on the stock front rim mess up the speedometer? I'd love to go to radials but that's pretty serious coin. I'd probably have to ride a radial-equipped bike to see what the difference is first.

I first looked into this figuring a generic bike rim would probably cost the same as a generic replacement car rim...like $100. Ehhh, not so much, haha.

Back