AVOID Moto-DirectUSA at all costs!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I ordered a motorcycle jacket from this website (www.motodirect.com) back in the beginning of September. They finally got my coat to me almost a week after I bought it. Keep in mind the fact that this company is located a mere 3 hours from where I live. They sent me the wrong damn jacket. I called to complain, they said to send it back with a copy of the shipping receipt and they would reimburse me the shipping and send the correct coat.
3 weeks go by, and I finally get another coat from UPS. Moto-Direct had made NO contact with me stating when they were sending the coat. Go figure.....again it's the WRONG DAMN coat! I was livid. I called and was bitching out the lady on the phone. She told me she'd give me a 105% refund on the coat plus refund my shipping from the original purchase and the 2 return-trips that coats made to them.
I decided to give it another whirl....ordered at that time(this was 2 days ago) another coat, except a bit more expensive. She placed the order, charged my card for it, and I just get an email this morning saying that the jacket was backordered and they did not know that they had none of them in stock at their warehouse. I asked for a refund....I'm buying somewhere else.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! THEY DON'T KNOW THEIR ASS FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND!!!

I recall someone else on one of the forums I visit had the same problem with these people - something about a helmet, if memory serves.....

Does anyone know of a good place where I can get an insulated leather jacket that will keep me warm AND not cost me an arm and a leg?

Try competitionaccessories.com. My leather jacket is kevlar reinforced and has lasted several years thus far.

Thx for the heads up ekozy1,..I was lookin for a new jacket recently , and I was on their site...:ummm:

Not sure what kind of jacket your looking for but I bought a tourmaster
Flex 2 and really like it. Set me back $179 but I can use it year round.
They have them at competition accessories also. I hear good things
about them as a dealer. Picked mine up at the local dealer for the
same price as internet. ( R & S Honda)

Not sure what kind of jacket your looking for but I bought a tourmaster
Flex 2 and really like it. Set me back $179 but I can use it year round.
They have them at competition accessories also. I hear good things
about them as a dealer. Picked mine up at the local dealer for the
same price as internet. ( R & S Honda)

I'm just looking for something that'll keep me warm when it's 40 Degrees out.
I checked out some of the Tourmaster jackets....think I might go with one. Not sure yet though.

Check out Newenough.com. If your not in a big hurry they have some great closeout deals from time to time. Great ppl to deal with in my experiance. :thumbs up:
Also, check out Leatherup.com, they have some low priced gear too. I haven't purchased anything form them but the prices are low. :confused2:

I am a HUGE fan of Hein Gericke / First Gear apparel. They are not cheap but have great quality and features.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I order something from the company and they send me the incorrect item twice in a row, shouldn't they refund me the amount of the product PLUS the shipping that I paid originally???

WTF!!!!!! :bang head:

I am REALLY starting to get pissed at this company. They refunded me $68.19, which is 105% of the cost of the product itself.

EXL-MJ109 MESH SILVER/BLK MOTORCYCLE JACKET w/ CE ARMOR1$64.95 USD$64.95 USD

Shipping & Handling via UPS Ground to 463XX
(includes any seller handling fees)$20.54 USD
Shipping Insurance (not offered):--
Total:$85.49 USD

Shouldn't I have gotten 105% of the cost PLUS the FUCKING SHIPPING BACK!?!?!?!?
$68.19 + 20.54 = $88.73

EDIT: I just called and bitched....and within 15 minutes there was a credit for $14.95 (S&H) to my Paypal account. Bitching people out works!!!

I just bought a Tourmaster Jett II jacket from this guy on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOUR...trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ150279481457

..... made him an offer of $85 and he came back with $92 and the free shipping. Recieved it in about 3 days still in the plastic and on the original tourmaster hanger.

Love the jacket. It has been in the 30's here for the last couple weeks while on my way to work in the morning and the jacket has been toasty warm. Very well made and all the armor fits perfect and stays where it is supposed to instead of migrating around while riding like my Fieldsheer jacket armor does.

Thanks Lax! I kinda like that one....and it's excellent to hear that it's A) under $100 and B) warm in 30 degree temps!!!!
Once I get my refund back for the OTHER jacket that I ordered from this P.O.S. company, I'll be hittin that guy up and seeing what kind of offer I can get.

Yeah, There are better jackets out there ,but for the money it is by far the best one I found for around $100. I went to some of the dealers around here and tried one on and they were going for about $120. It's not leather but the material is pretty stout and feels like it will hold up pretty well under some unwanted duress. The quilted liner comes out and it is pretty well vented for when it gets warmer. I wouldn't want it for over 80 deg. but I am really happy with it so far. not bad looking either.

Latest posts

Back