Back Seat Support?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torszula

Reaction score
Looks like ill be trading the 2005 in for a 2015 today or tomorrow. One of the stipulations I made with the wife was I would put a back seat on so she can have something to lean up against the one or two times she gets on. The only seats I see available for this bike is a low profile seat. My question is , does this seat provide much support at all? Are there any others out there?

2S3-F84U0-V0-00 BACKREST KIT

My wife bought her own Gen II Vmax - so she could hang on to the handlebars for support. lol

Looks like ill be trading the 2005 in for a 2015 today or tomorrow. One of the stipulations I made with the wife was I would put a back seat on so she can have something to lean up against the one or two times she gets on. The only seats I see available for this bike is a low profile seat. My question is , does this seat provide much support at all? Are there any others out there?

2S3-F84U0-V0-00 BACKREST KIT

I don't know, but I just bought the exact same one and will be installing it this evening, when my rack that goes with it arrives. I'll take my daughter for a ride this evening and see how she likes it! :punk:

Sissy bar sucks as much is the seat does, I extended my 6 inches to give a little bit more passenger confidence

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60
I just installed mine the low butt stopper w/ rack for wife hopefully this coming weekend I can give her first ride on the 09' if she doesn't like the ride the butt stoppers coming off and be for sale w/rack .

I just installed mine the low butt stopper w/ rack for wife hopefully this coming weekend I can give her first ride on the 09' if she doesn't like the ride the butt stoppers coming off and be for sale w/rack .

Any surprises when installing these items together? Like when I posted I was going to buy vibranators for my VMAX, only to find out the stock bar end plugs are IMPOSSIBLE to remove? LOL.

No problems I had to loosen upthe rack and butt stopper so it would fit in place on fender then snugged them up .

Cool, just don't need any extra surprises like I got on the vibranators, I was cussing up a storm at that SOB. I also had my first lesson in getting to the battery, no less than 10 allen bolts need to come out to get that cover off, I installed a battery charger/USB port connector on my handlebars and ran the wiring under the cover/between the scoop on the LH side, that was a cake walk though.

I spoke with Corbin and I would need to order the Yamaha sissy bar in order to use the tall back rest. Cost of the Yamaha sissy bar is $300(2S3-F84U0-S0-00 ) plus the $219 for the Corbin tall pad is $519! Or buy the Corbin pillion for $252 and the oval backrest for $218 for $470.

I spoke with Corbin and I would need to order the Yamaha sissy bar in order to use the tall back rest. Cost of the Yamaha sissy bar is $300(2S3-F84U0-S0-00 ) plus the $219 for the Corbin tall pad is $519! Or buy the Corbin pillion for $252 and the oval backrest for $218 for $470.

That's what I did. Corbin seat is 100x more comfy according to the gf, plus it adds almost an inch of legroom.

Hey Cliffclaven! Is the oval backrest pretty sturdy? I just need to know if someone leans back it doesn't bend backwards. From the pictures it appears the Yamaha sissy bar with backrest is a more sturdy setup but probably not as comfortable.

Corbin has a GOOD reputation. While I don't have one of their backrests on either of the Gen II's here in my garage (I have them on both our Hondas), I will say that if they design a backrest to fit a Gen II, it is going to be sturdy enough to lean back against. Count on it.

If that's the case then their option looks a lot more comfy that the sissy bar option from Star.

Hey Cliffclaven! Is the oval backrest pretty sturdy? I just need to know if someone leans back it doesn't bend backwards. From the pictures it appears the Yamaha sissy bar with backrest is a more sturdy setup but probably not as comfortable.
Backrest is sturdy as shit. Its mounted on a steel shank that mounts under the seat. Super easy to put on, took me about 30 min total to remove the stocker and put on the corbin. Just dont drop the allen wrench! Theres a hole under the passenger seat that leads to the wheelwell, I dropped the allen wrench down there, and its almost impossible to get out.

Backrest is sturdy as shit. Its mounted on a steel shank that mounts under the seat. Super easy to put on, took me about 30 min total to remove the stocker and put on the corbin. Just dont drop the allen wrench! Theres a hole under the passenger seat that leads to the wheelwell, I dropped the allen wrench down there, and its almost impossible to get out.

Been there, done that.
Maglite_flashlight.jpg MechanicalPickupTool.jpg

Here is my easy fix: First, install a 3" longer swingarm; Secondly, remove the inner fender lower mounting bolt and third, wedge open lower portion of inner fender. Your wrench will fall right out.
Note: do not reinstall the inner fender lower mounting bolt until after your done fixing whatever you were working on.:bang head:

Back