Bad stator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.n2o

Reaction score
Well guys just thought i'd share a little info. My bike has been goin through 1 battery a season for the past 4 years. I have the bone stock Yuasa 16al-2. About 2 years ago I diagnosed a bad rectifier and replaced it with the aftermarket electrosport model. That fixed the problem somewhat however I was still only seeing 12.5 to 12.9 across the battery off idle. Anyway I went out for a long ride last weekend and when I got home, the battery was stone dead. I put the bike on the lift and tested the stator out of curiosity. I found that 2 of the phases were showing 0.3 ohms and 1 was showing 0.1 ohm (no good). Should see between 0.5-2.0 across all 3. I start the bike and check a/c voltage across all three legs @ 5000 rpm. 2 of them were putting out 52 volts and one was only putting out 5 to 6 volts. Anyway i'm gonna put a good stator in it and upgrade to an odyssey pc680 agm battery and i'll post the new numbers. Man it friggin' blows not havin the bike for a while.

Latest posts

Back