Badlands Attica, IN

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleDeth

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has been there before, and what I can expect? My vmax is going to cause me to lose my license if I don't vent my thrills else where. Got nailed for a 78 in a 60 lucked out and he let me go without even a warning! So I got the brilliant idea of getting an mx bike. It's an 05 kx250, I'm picking it up on Friday and I plan to take it to badlands for an all day ride Saturday. If my body can still take it I might take up some racing again next season (casual). Of course I haven't been on a dirt bike in twenty some years. Just dreaming I guess.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

I've actually been contemplating getting a dirt bike as well. I miss getting dirty and kicking up mud. Badlands Attica looks like a perfect place to break of the old dirt on the MX skills and apply a new coat. :)

Badlans is cool but i think its more for quads. you should go at least one time with your kx it is fun enough not to miss out. Its a big gravle pit. lots to do for one day but for me i like trails through the wilderness that run in a loop so i dont see the same trail over and over. I ride the same way on the street. upper part of lower michigan and the U-P is the best for me. unless you want to go to WV. I might be getting someting to ride off road in the spring i miss it so much. I know how you feel about your license it killed me to sell my vmax this year. I had to sell it because i couldent handle obaying the law. Im looking at kx500 or kfx700 or a on/off road 650 set up more for dirt. I might get a 2up quad so my wife can go. I also have been looking at zrx1200 maybe set it up more for drag racing but still streetable. I dont know if you have ever been to the drag strip but i can tell you its not hard to run some fun numbers and with in 3 easy passes you will be ready to jump out of the hole harder and harder. you could use your kx for a pit bike. Hmm a kx500 and a zrx1200 at the dragstrip.

I'm not too far from there, but have never been there. Love off roading...more so trail riding now. Just spent an hour today ripping some trails in my woods today. Sore body, happy soul.

Gonna talk to momma tomorrow and see what is going on this weekend. Maybe she will let me out of the house for a day and I can join you. Been wanting to go there for a while.

Having something to ride off road is a great idea. I picked up a Honda ATC 200S 2 years ago for free:biglaugh: (not running, left for dead). Put a few hundred bucks into it, and now I use it when camping in the summer and use it all winter. It's not fast compared to a Vmax, but 3 wheels, no suspension, and a handful of throttle, it feels like a rocket in tight trails! Dangerous machines, but so much fun to ride.
The Vmax will go in winter storage this weekend:damn angry:. Back to wrenching on the trike for the winter.

Never heard from ya, but a seed was planted. Somehow the sis-in-law got the same idea (her family rides as well) and invited us out to their secret spot. Should have brought the go-pro. Oh well, I will be going back.
Never rode in sand before. Like dune sand. Sugar.

Freaking cool. Took not more than 2 minutes and I was carving it up at lean angles i will dream about with the ass end trying to outrun the front on the outside. I was sure I was gonna go down several times, but no matter how far I pushed it-throttle out.
Plenty of trails and small hill climbs in the woods in addition to the dune/sand lot. Whooped out straightaways. Just kickass riding.
Next time there will be video. Trying to upload a satellite pic, but phone won't allow me to select a file for upload.

Thread hijacked.

Back