Bearing fell out..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
As some may or may most likely not remember, awhile back I posted about the adjustable suspension dials on my vmax.

The right dial seems to work - clicking with each turn, adjusting properly.

The left dial was free floating - obviously not attached to the suspension mechanism - and doing nothing. Basically sitting on top, and would spin forever with no resistance. I tried to see if it was a screw on device, and that perhaps it had simply been turned too far. When I moved it gently with slight down force, a small bearing fell out - smaller than a pencil eraser, and a broken piece of plastic. This damage had already been done, as the amount of pressure I applied was the amount of pressure you'd apply a lid to the peanut butter jar, just enough to catch the grooves.

Just thought I'd share my problem. Maybe it happened to someone else too?
________
vaporizers

Last edited:
looks like the shocks are sold as one unit. great excuse for some progressive stuff!

Not exactly what I was looking to do...

the bike was certified upon buying...

I wonder if it's broken - or stuck at whatever the adjustment was.

I am going to try and meet up with the Vmaxrider when he is town again. I had to work late the last night he was in town. Let him have a look at my max and send me in the right direction.
________
Honda CB700SC history

Last edited:
might be able to see what its stuck on and match the other side, then leave it alone until u r ready to upgrade. never heard of that breaking tho

If I may I have a couple of pieces of advice. First, check Ebay for Progressive 412's if those are what you want. They seem to pop up there for very good prices frequently. 412's are a step above stockers and you notice improvement to the rear suspension. You could also look at a higher performance shock, but without knowing your budget I would be loathe to recommend what to buy. 02Moneypit has 2 sets of higher performance shocks that he is selling that you could talk to him about. Price wise they are a bargain compared to new. One thing you have to take into account also is the fact that your Hindle exhaust is low to the ground. I would not buy any shocks shorter than 12.5" or you may just end up dragging it on the ground! If my memory serves me correctly, and I am fairly sure it does, both pairs that 02 has for sale are 13". If you need any further help PM me with a phone number and I will give you a call. It looks like I may be in your area again shortly for some work at Pickering Nuclear, will let you know if that comes about.

We've got one used (very lightly) set of 11" 412's plus I sell new of course.

We've been ordering in special made 430's for the Vmax and they look and work nicely. Less then the 440's but more then the 412's.

Sean

Latest posts

Back