Bed Bugs!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
GD it!, I think I have a bed bug problem. Going to confirm it but got the signs of it even though I have'nt seen one yet. Anyone had to deal with these friggin things before?

GD it!, I think I have a bed bug problem. Going to confirm it but got the signs of it even though I have'nt seen one yet. Anyone had to deal with these friggin things before?

We pretty much don't have them up here. never delt with them before. I looked some stuff up that might help a little.

http://www.badbedbugs.com/
http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp
http://doyourownpestcontrol.com/bed-bugs.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKCcSPCOQo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9xxNXBEU34&feature=related

I guess the way they are eradicating them is by heating the interior of the home to 120-130 degrees for a short period of time and that does it. Of course in KJs situation, them buggers are froze up in no time, just open the window! All I can say is Better you than me !

I don't know which is worse... I'd say BOMB the house... Do the whole tent thing...

Chris

ya we had a flea problem in one of our rental houses. its impossible to get rid of all of them. we told tham no animals but they brought in two dogs anyway about a month before they left. the dogs were scratching themselves constantly even before they brought them in... LOL.

but ya it got so bad that they couldnt sleep there anym ore and had to move out. they were jumping all over them as soon as they laid down in bed. every time they walked across the room theyd have 10-15 fleas above their socks suckin away. they were in the couch and everything.

sooo, we burnt everything. LOL

they go dormant for like... ever... then when you walk by them they sense the vibration and come to life/hatch

I'd rather have flees Jim...

You have to get to know a Sphynx! Veebooster has two of them and they are so ugly they are cute and are the most affectionate cats I have ever been around. One of them, Rusty, jumps up on my shoulders as soon as I come in the house to give my face a good rubdown, he loves whiskers so I make sure I have a good 5 o'clock shadow going when I visit.

Fleas are confined to the bedroom as far as I can tell (in some of the clothes). We have no rugs upstairs at the moment so not as much of a concern there. Room has been decon'd and now will wash all clothes.
Kept getting bitten at night for like 3 or 4 days in a row and was having a bad reaction to the bites (had bites before but nothing like this). Wife was afraid I would go into shock if I kept getting bitten. Had signs of bed bugs so thought it was them. We even called in a "bed bug" dog to confirm but to me the dog was still a "trainer" dog and could'nt be relied on. It was hard to tell if the dog found a definite hit or not. Icing on the cake was when the dog took a crap on the one rug we did have just before the guy took the inspection:damn angry check and was leaving .:damn angry:

You have to get to know a Sphynx! Veebooster has two of them and they are so ugly they are cute and are the most affectionate cats I have ever been around. One of them, Rusty, jumps up on my shoulders as soon as I come in the house to give my face a good rubdown, he loves whiskers so I make sure I have a good 5 o'clock shadow going when I visit.

Heck yeah! He scrubs all his dander off... Cat dander is right up there for most allergic items for most people... :biglaugh:

Heck yeah! He scrubs all his dander off... Cat dander is right up there for most allergic items for most people... :biglaugh:

Actually no cat dander with Sphynx cats, they are 100% hypoallergenic! Another of their fine qualities.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Make sure you dispose of the mattress, no matter what you do to the room they will live on in the fibers in the mattress.

If you got fleas in one area, they can get to another easily. They came into our house when it was hot and dry. They even hid in the wood flooring. It took weeks of constant vaccuming and dusting to remove them. Fleas can lay in a carpet, lay eggs, eat common food, like crumbs, then hop on a host when it walks by. They feel the vibration of an animal or person moving close by. Nasty creatures.

HEY.....what's with the "ugly" bit????:real mad:
No more face rubs for you. And I'll have my Mom give the cheesecake to all the other Vmaxers!!

RUSTY & NEKO

Attachments

• Gilette.jpg
    Gilette.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Dec 2010 101.jpg
    Dec 2010 101.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 11

Ya. My GF in Australia got them last year. Lost 90% of her wardrobe (everything had to be boil washed so got ruined), most of her furniture (burn or dump) and the rest had to all be frozen (hired half a dozen freezers) to get rid of the fuckers.

These things are nasty, follow the get rid instructions to the letter or they'll be back. Sorry for you and hope you have anything but those! :damn angry:

New Developments..not bug related...I've got an a hightened sensitivity to yeast (= NO BEER, WINE, BREADS, ETC). Got to clean out the system and see how much I can tolerate of each.
Had to go to the hospital twice with outbreaks of hives..one due to unbearable itching and the other due to internal throat swelling. working with an Allergist now.

Don't know what triggered the sudden sensitivity..no beer, no bread?!..AHHHHH

Our bodies completely change every 7 years. Lots of strange new things happen then.

Back