Before/After...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowprophet1

Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality of the dyno graph. I'm not that good at computers. I wasted 45minutes trying and trying to downsize the graph to fit on the post and now it's hard to read. Anyways...before= 108.18hp 76.31tq and after=131.36hp 86.77tq. (std). I didn't know which correction people went with, so I saw somebody's graph was in std so that's the number w/that correction factor. Sorry for no afr reading. If they stuck one in my pipe, I'd show you the graph. Probably could tune a little more out of it if I knew where it was on an afr graph! They only revved it to 9k. Probably not dropping off much yet.
Stock w/supertrapp slipons compared to 1300 conversion ported w/morely's air/jet kit and some aftermarket twin pipes.:punk:

Attachments

• before and after.jpg
    before and after.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 157
The important question is.......

How does it ride?????:eusa_dance:

I am sure that this combo will be for sale soon as he is working with me on another combo. Marc did all the work himself but called me a number of times through the process so I am sure that it was done well. He got many of the parts from me for the assembly.

Anyone interested in an engine similar to the ones we build can maybe save a few bucks and get a nice combo by buying his engine. These 1300's pull nice and hard and are a very reliable combination. Eventually get some larger cams and open it up further.

Sean

Well, the only bad thing I can say about this motor is that it's a little harder on tires now!:eusa_dance: I ordered my tires for next year already and one just arrived today. The place I have putting in the sleeves for my 1500 (my original 1200 motor) told me today that he might be done w/my sleeves by the end of next week. I thought by now I'd have it all assembled and dyno tuned and broke in, but I guess things don't allways get done on a timely manner when you can't do everything yourself. Anyways...I guess it's time to let go of my 1300 now and get ready for the 1500 project. It's adding up to more than I expected with re-balancing the crank, etc, so I guess instead of keeping this 1300 as a back up, I should sell it and put the money towards the 1500. (plus the fact I've been laid off for two months now, but at least I go back to work next week:clapping:). I'm going to list it in the classified section in case anybody is interested.

Sorry for the poor quality of the dyno graph. I'm not that good at computers. I wasted 45minutes trying and trying to downsize the graph to fit on the post and now it's hard to read. Anyways...before= 108.18hp 76.31tq and after=131.36hp 86.77tq. (std). I didn't know which correction people went with, so I saw somebody's graph was in std so that's the number w/that correction factor. Sorry for no afr reading. If they stuck one in my pipe, I'd show you the graph. Probably could tune a little more out of it if I knew where it was on an afr graph! They only revved it to 9k. Probably not dropping off much yet.
Stock w/supertrapp slipons compared to 1300 conversion ported w/morely's air/jet kit and some aftermarket twin pipes.:punk:
What was the a/f at 8k ? Thanks

I don't have an afr for those runs. When I first put the motor in, I was at a different dyno 4 hrs away, and the clutch slipped badly after 3,500rpms, so the afr couldn't do me much good. Then I went to a different dyno 2 1/2 hours away, and I was smoking the tire so I didin't tune to an afr reading since I couldn't get a repeatable run, so I gave up on that day also. The very next day I found a dyno and they wanted to charge me extra for the afr, and I was so fed up w/paying $ for wasted dyno runs, I wasn't going to pay the extra $ or time to tune on the dyno that day, I was just hell bent on getting a repeatable run. I made good power w/out tweeking to a dyno's afr, so I just wanted to get some seat time instead of just driving to dynos on a trailer w/all my tools. I was dynoing the vmax while we were dynoing atvs, so I'd bring it every time just in hope that since we'd do so many things at a time, maybe we'd get a better price. The last place I dynoed was here in town, but I didn't get a price brake, because they can only do bikes, so I only had one to do.

Latest posts

Back