Being Housebound Sucks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I'm stuck, except when my Wife can drive. That means we need a sitter for my 95 YO Mother. I can't even carry my concealed weapon. I sit here with all these things I could do if I weren't waiting for my hand surgery to heal. I've saved subjects to post on AR-15.com (ARFCOM). I've plotted ways to go beyond 500 posts here. And, I'm only 4 days into my two weeks minimum required to heal.

I actually ran one of my trucks, in and out of the driveway today. I ran both the bikes, with fans on them. I have rifle parts that came in, sitting in a box. I can't even put the stuff on or build anything. I stay on the computer till my brain hurts. Now I'm desperate. I'm gonna go watch all of the Star Wars Movies......

Thanx for letting me Vent..........

Wow, Now I feel better:rofl_200:

Everybody be safe out there.

After multiple broken bones, stitches and a dbl hern, I understand how ya feel. Turn on the tube n watch the Chefs play. You can stay up n watch it for me.

here's an idea :biglaugh:

On my facebook I have several videos of some of the rides I went on. Pretty much all from the bike cam.

Put a fan along side of your monitor, put on your helmet and play the videos :clapping:

Read a whole lot of good books , the ones you always wish you had but never had the time.........It's how I kill time when working on the road with shit else to do .....

I know this feeling, our little one has chicken pox and cannot attend the day centre where my wife works. I have spent 2 days at home looking after her.
Thought I would be able to get heaps done. WRONG, best I got was to clean the garage a bit and one oil change on the vmax, other than that it's been hell.
I'd rather be at work.:bang head:

:biglaugh:You all make me smile with your thoughts and ideas. Actually, when I ran the bikes in the garage I had fans running on them so I sat on each and closed my eyes. Still wasn't the same....:rofl_200:

ZIPPO6: Ouch, Sorry to hear your stuck too, sounds somewhat worse than me... I wish the best to you Shane.. The only real problem I still have is awaiting the stiches in my hand and a Dr's OK to go back at it. I'm counting the hours. Too many minutes to think about yet.

BTW: Phantom Menace was pretty good, probably the 30th time I've seen it.

Ya, wrecked my bike, shattered my leg and cracked a few ribs. I go see the surgeon next Friday, hopefully he'll give me the all clear to finally be able to put some weight on it!

I laid in bed for over 2 months when my back was messed up... Man it was BAD! I was single at the time too... I COULD get up and do quick shopping and such but it HURT... A LOT!

I feel your pain.

Chris

I shattered my L4 into eight pieces with 25% compromise of my spinal cord canal. Three months in molded plastic body cast and three months in lace up and Velcro body girdle. None of it stopped me from picking up a R 400 tranny someone dropped in the road and finishing my last semester of college. I have a picture of me on a Max (not mine) while in the plastic body cast. I got to park in handipped parking though. Had to trade my Cadillac Brougham for a Jeep Cherokee of my sister in laws cause it was the only thing I could get in and out of. You pussies.Except you guys with humans to watch of course. You are noble gentlemen!

zippo6, my best thoughts are with you. A close friend did about the same as you a week ago. Both legs broken they replaced the femur in his right leg, 8 ribs, blew out disks in his back. He hit the handlebars, went over the car and wrapped himself around a pole. He's gonna be down for a long time. 74 YO ran a stop sign. He's like a real brother....

old timer: The fight scene is the best part of the Phantom Menace. On to the next movie tonight.

4gasem: Ouch. that's one time it really sucks bad to be single. I wrecked bad in 1968. I was a kid at the time. I still have lasting problems from that.
I'm old enough now, everything hurts anyway. I shouldn't complain.

PATMAX: I was almost in that condition after I broke a vertebrae with a 2 x 4, falling on it. It hurts to think about it. Oh, the board broke too.

rest and heal is all you can do. i've raced 3 wheelers, quads mtn bikes, bmx bikes and dirt bikes(mx, flat track hill climb and hare scrambles) i've broken a few things. oh and then there was this time i broke my foot with a jack hammer.

Woody, Sorry to hear that you treated your body like I have. Never thought I'd live long enough to regret it.

You just enabled me to reach my goal of 500 posts here while I'm down, this is #500.

Thanx...:biglaugh::eusa_dance::rofl_200::bang head::ummm::worthy::clapping:YES!!!!

9 screws for the elbow riding back in 86. 5 months down.

Torn rotator cuff. 4 months. The first week after surgery I got maybe 6 hrs of sleep.:eusa_dance:

You rarely ever fully recover from injuries. Especially when your older.

Its a good thing I don't have walk on my arms.:biglaugh:

I feel for ya, when i had my septoplasty i wasn't even suppossed to bend over or pick up my kids for 2 weeks, no golf, no swimming, no motorcycle.......... Heal quick!

Back