Belly Pan Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott-4255

Reaction score
I've been wanting to put a belly pan on my VMAX for along time. Well, I finally ordered one from "Fat Max", and I haven't received it yet but I have the following questions.
- Can I still keep my stock case savers (ordered aftermarket), by making cutout?:ummm:
- I was thinking of getting it powder coated: Any recommendations on a color?:ummm: I have a 2005 VMAX.:punk:

Thanks in advance for any advice and assistance.
Scott

Scott,
the fatmax belly pan will not fit with case savers.
They make an airdam that will fit but looks a little different.
You could probably cut it to make it fit, but i don't know if i would try it.

And the bellypans are made of fiberglass, So powdercoating is out of the question. You would have to get it painted.

Good luck and post some pics when your done...

Sounds like Bill is actually right... :biglaugh: J/K

Only metallic items or items that can take 400? heat and conduct electricity can be powder coated.

KJShover (on this site) I believe has that belly pan on his Max too.

Actually, they have some new powders that melt and cure at much lower temps. Even plastic stuff can be coated with these new powders. Not sure that everyone has that stuff available or even if the range of colors is the same.

Sean

Actually, they have some new powders that melt and cure at much lower temps. Even plastic stuff can be coated with these new powders. Not sure that everyone has that stuff available or even if the range of colors is the same.

Sean

Sweet! EPA has got to be loving that...

As far as shine though... Have a body shop paint it... MUCH better quality when it comes to body panels IMO.

Sounds like Bill is actually right... :biglaugh: J/K

Only metallic items or items that can take 400? heat and conduct electricity can be powder coated.

KJShover (on this site) I believe has that belly pan on his Max too.

Yea, every now and then i can contribute something worth reading.
it doesn't happen very often so enjoy...:th_peace:

Way to go Bill! That 4gasem guy is some funny, eh? But it's good to have him around so we know what a showroom perfect bike looks like!:duck:

Way to go Bill! That 4gasem guy is some funny, eh? But it's good to have him around so we know what a showroom perfect bike looks like!:duck:

LOL as if... Mine is WAY better than when it left the show room...:eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back