Belt drive/Chain drive forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V4ever

Reaction score
I've been sifting through belt & chain drive info and just wondering if a Belt/Chain conversion forum (or sub-forum) would be possible? Looks like some good projects (satariel666 belt drive among others), info and pic.s are kind of spread out. I know I wouldn't mind it all in one place :eusa_dance: lol.

I've been wanting to build or purchase a belt drive set up (prefer belt over chain). Do you have your setup done? Parts for sale yet? I haven't been able to find much info & only a few pic.s on yours but really like what I've seen of it so far.

I've been wanting to build or purchase a belt drive set up (prefer belt over chain). Do you have your setup done? Parts for sale yet? I haven't been able to find much info & only a few pic.s on yours but really like what I've seen of it so far.
Since im "on exile" for a while its progressing really slowly. I have almost all the requred parts but i do not have a time to finish the project. Hopefuly I will be back
quite soon enough.

I was not here for a while but will try to be more active from now on.

I do not have any parts for sale either plans for sale since there was and there is
not much interest over a belt drive project. I have all in CAD so fabricating this
again will not be dificult at all.

You need to be aware of one thing. My setup requires some serious modification to the
engine block and frame. You cant do it at home and the starter kit can not be relased becouse it will not work this way.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a sub forum for all the belt/chain drive info and pic.s. while I was looking for options and ideas. I have a mill, lathe, (not CNC, though) and TIG in the garage to work with.

It's nice work on that belt drive setup for sure. Will take a lot of machining to the case to prep for it so don't expect any simple bolt on. I have a max mad chain drive seutp here and might have another of our external (no block mods) chain drive setups. The external setup I think could accept a belt setup but it will not fit in a stock frame since that is where the belt/chain would run.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a sub forum for all the belt/chain drive info and pic.s. while I was looking for options and ideas. I have a mill, lathe, (not CNC, though) and TIG in the garage to work with.
You may be suprised but i did the block machining on the conventional mill :)
The biggest pita I have is to machine the rear pulley/sprocket due the
complete ignorane from machining companies...need to do one myself!

Back