best album made in 21 first century

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
my vote is PINK i'm not dead, i am a music nut, this is a great album, it's been a long time since a artist gave me goose bumps this one does it.
DAVE

Have to give this some thought, but i can garuntee it won't be Pink or any other pop artist.

if you listen to her albums it is anything but pop, very deep and very personal, with some great bass beats, i hated to admit i bought a pink album, but this shit is good.

Who listens to any 21st century music now-a-days? I can't understand the words.

I'm still stuck in the 20th century and therefore can't get past the awsome Eagles' Hotel California album.

My radio is tuned to the 70's, 80's and 90's music, and the jukebox is full of 60's 70's and even a few from the 80's era.

Me oldie too.

I agree Jeff, I spend most of my time listening to music from 50's through the 80's. Music industry is dying because most artists today SUCK. There are some heavy bands I listen to that I really enjoy but most people today probably have never heard of them.

Im all for the oldies as well. Eagles, skynrd, zeppelin, pink floyd, elton john, i can go from gwar to Beethoven i like almost everything except for rap.

Most of the true talent dosnt go mainstream anymore because of the labels. Trent Renzor from Nine inch Nails stopped using a label because they were selling his cd for 21$ and he was making something like 2 dollars and they were making the rest of the gold. I think Radiohead did the same thing. The industry has destroyed itself much in the same way as wall street with greed and corporate BULLSHIT.

Imo, best album of 20th century was the beatles first one. The one that started it all. 21st century, 10,000 days by tool.

IMO most the mainstream shit now is garbage. Example: Nickelback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI&feature=related

P.S. rap isnt music

hey guys you need to expand yor minds, damn i love old rock but how long can you listen to the same old shit, music should move you not just your body but your mind, it's like reading the same book over and over, how many of you guys can tell me what here comes there tears is about, by jackson browne, and thats talking about the old stuff. dave

some of my favorite "new" cd's are

Hinder: Extreme Behavior

and Shinedown: Leave A Whisper

I like modern blues, such as Aunt Kizzies Boyz or Big Sam & the Funky Nation, but you can only hear it on NPR in between political rants. Thank God for the internet & my old album collection. I check out local blues festivals when they're in town, but they have no popular albums out that I'm aware of. Guess I'm stuck in the last century. :confused2:

I don't have no favorite. But, If you're old school, then you need to go back to school! Granted, late 90's and early Y2K music sucked. However, in the past 4 years i've found that there are a shit load of talented artist out there trying to make a living in a F-uped music market. With Itunes, Lime Wire and all the internet based downloading they don't get radio play like the old days and many new artists have a hard time making the scene, let alone a living.

I'm a hard rock-metal man from the old school and after seeing & meeting some of these new bands I have a new respect for the screwed up scene they deal with, because they work their ass's off are good people and yet they get no major recognition because the market sucks. Here are a few of my new favorites that will kick you ass and find out your name later. Black Stone Cherry, The Answer, Airbourne, Blacktide, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold, The Showdown, Killswitch Engage, Rev Theory, Alter Bridge, Voodoo Six, The Parlor Mob, Stereoside and even Hinder.

If any of you old school metal heads think the 21st century music sucks, then give these old school rockers from back in the day a listen sometime. You will NOT be disappointed! Oh and yes these bands along with many more have produced excellent albums in the past decade. Metallica-Death Magnetic, Tesla- Forever More, Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution, Alice Cooper-Along Came a Spider, Motley Crue-Saints of LA & Sebastian Bach's-Angel Down, just to name a FEW.

Long Live Rock & Roll :punk:

The best album I have heard from this era is a self titled album from a little known band called Midnight To Twelve. They kick ass in concert too.

I like modern blues, such as Aunt Kizzies Boyz or Big Sam & the Funky Nation, but you can only hear it on NPR in between political rants. Thank God for the internet & my old album collection. I check out local blues festivals when they're in town, but they have no popular albums out that I'm aware of. Guess I'm stuck in the last century. :confused2:
You`re not alone buddy I`m stuck there too .
One of my favorite albums was KISS ALIVE.
That album just rocked from start to finish.:punk::punk::punk:
<<Dave>>

But the bands of today if you can call them bands are here just to make money they are all computer generated crap , dont get me wrong some of them are good and i do listen to but they wont be around in 20 - 30 years .

Pink Floyd , The Stones , The Who and Aerosmith are what i call bands , they loved what they do and are in it for the long haul

Latest posts

Back