Best place for a Caliper kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilD

Reaction score
Whose has the best prices on a front caliper rebuild kt? Noticed a nice puddle under mine while i was putting the battery charger on.

Check and make sure bleeder and banjo bolts are tight first.

I bought my rebuild kits from Gary McCoy at Mondak.

What year? It may be worth upgrading to a diff set of calipers. Also, many times you can take apart the caliper, clean the corrosion, polish the pistons, and re-assemble them without buying any kits.

Check and make sure bleeder and banjo bolts are tight first.

I bought my rebuild kits from Gary McCoy at Mondak.

Did that already

What year? It may be worth upgrading to a diff set of calipers. Also, many times you can take apart the caliper, clean the corrosion, polish the pistons, and re-assemble them without buying any kits.

Perfect candidate for a conversion. I have the busa 6 piston conversion (with larger rotors) as well as a 4 piston conversion for your stock rotors.

Sean

Perfect candidate for a conversion. I have the busa 6 piston conversion (with larger rotors) as well as a 4 piston conversion for your stock rotors.

Sean
that would be cool, but way to much $$$

How much is too much? Adapters are $40 and you can get calipers for cheap. In fact, I will sell you a pair of 4 piston Tokico's with aluminum adapters that will let you re-use your stock rotors for $100 with shipping.

Sean

How much is too much? Adapters are $40 and you can get calipers for cheap. In fact, I will sell you a pair of 4 piston Tokico's with aluminum adapters that will let you re-use your stock rotors for $100 with shipping.

Sean
Thoughjt it would be a lot more than that, what all is needed, the bracket and 2 calipers, still use the FA88HH pads?

We are taking these off a friends bike that are in good shape right now (don't remember the pad condition). We are putting an inverted front end on his so he won't be needing them anymore. You'd get everything you need.

Sean

Back