best route to drive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Hey gang, im heading down to martinsville,IN and was looking at my route. i have to head to albany,ny then west. what you think is better, the shorter I90 towards buffalo or hwy 86? the 86 is slightly longer but not much, ive driven the 90 a few years back but at night with the vmax and all i remember was i had oil spilling on my new pants and it was friggin cold in sept hahaha(good times for sure)

anyways here are the routes.
http://mapq.st/tQIzhG

or

http://mapq.st/sOjKAJ

im in a car this time by the by :punk:

Hey gang, im heading down to martinsville,IN and was looking at my route. i have to head to albany,ny then west. what you think is better, the shorter I90 towards buffalo or hwy 86? the 86 is slightly longer but not much, ive driven the 90 a few years back but at night with the vmax and all i remember was i had oil spilling on my new pants and it was friggin cold in sept hahaha(good times for sure)

anyways here are the routes.
http://mapq.st/tQIzhG

or

http://mapq.st/sOjKAJ

im in a car this time by the by :punk:

Yeah, but wasn't there a nice warm pizza waiting at the end of that journey....by the time you got done dodging the maniac in the Explorer, that is!! :biglaugh:

As distastful a ride as it is, I-90 would be my choice!

yup the best thing was waiting at the end of a 600 mile run hahahah well pulling up to a empty parking was a bit of a downer at first..... then what a sight,what was it like 8-10 vmaxes :punk:

man im getting flash backs thinking of driving that route again, might have to step it up past 75mph to get off of it as fast as i can hahahaha

think your right dan.......

mmm pizza run in the fall, what a great idea man:punk::punk: wonder if anyone would be interested next sept/oct :ummm:

yup the best thing was waiting at the end of a 600 mile run hahahah well pulling up to a empty parking was a bit of a downer at first..... then what a sight,what was it like 8-10 vmaxes :punk:

man im getting flash backs thinking of driving that route again, might have to step it up past 75mph to get off of it as fast as i can hahahaha

think your right dan.......

mmm pizza run in the fall, what a great idea man:punk::punk: wonder if anyone would be interested next sept/oct :ummm:

That was a fun one! :clapping:

what about something like this ro?

http://mapq.st/uHF82H

i took 220 to pittsburgh from binghamton and it was a nice little scoot.

ya that might be the way to go next time around for sure, thanks man, think wild bill is out that way also hahaha

When is the trip????? You could stop by my place on the way home and have that beer I owe ya!!!

Jim i was totally thinking of calling you as i came up from flint mi and had to stop in oakville to get my uncle but with about 4000km under my belt in 3 days i kinda wanted to get home and not late(left over turkey dinner )

i didnt have your number with me it was at home:bang head::bang head:

i also remember i got a few things i gotta pick up from you also.....

hey danny, so i drove back on route 90 the way i met up with you guys in 09 and holy it is long and boring in the car, i cant believe i jumped onto a bike i had no clue its history and drove from ohio to ny state in almost one shot......holy that road is long and flat hahahahah

hey danny, so i drove back on route 90 the way i met up with you guys in 09 and holy it is long and boring in the car, i cant believe i jumped onto a bike i had no clue its history and drove from ohio to ny state in almost one shot......holy that road is long and flat hahahahah[/QUOTE]

I hate that road....by far the most boring stretch of blacktop I've ever been on!

Yeah, that WAS quite the adventure....one of the best ever runs! :clapping:

Im in for pizza in martinsville in I'm about 45 min south let me know when!

hah im not sure if ride the bike that far after the car drive i just did, but when im down there again pizza anytime im in for that hahaha.

hey danny, so i drove back on route 90 the way i met up with you guys in 09 and holy it is long and boring in the car, i cant believe i jumped onto a bike i had no clue its history and drove from ohio to ny state in almost one shot......holy that road is long and flat hahahahah

I hate that road....by far the most boring stretch of blacktop I've ever been on!
yup you said it

Yeah, that WAS quite the adventure....one of the best ever runs! :clapping:[/QUOTE]

:punk::punk: you said it man, epic for sure i had a wicked time.....when i drove past the signs for canton i laughed a little. with my new carb settings im itching to find a nice stretch of pavement we can have another little group of 15 going down the road, minus the Explorer this time bahahaha.
mmmmm gonna have to see what comes up next yr dan-o.

:punk::punk: you said it man, epic for sure i had a wicked time.....when i drove past the signs for canton i laughed a little. with my new carb settings im itching to find a nice stretch of pavement we can have another little group of 15 going down the road, minus the Explorer this time bahahaha.
mmmmm gonna have to see what comes up next yr dan-o.[/QUOTE]

Definitely somethin' wrong with that dude....I was very concerned about how THAT deal was gonna turn out!

I9-90, been there, super slab is boring for sure but lets you cover miles to reach a great location quickly. I think I may be on it again in the near future, again for a great destination the route matters little!
I'd like to have a slice of pizza too but will have to figure out shedule once a date is set. I think I'll be dining on some fine coastal lake Michigan cusine a few times this coming summer too!:punk:

I9-90, been there, super slab is boring for sure but lets you cover miles to reach a great location quickly. I think I may be on it again in the near future, again for a great destination the route matters little!
I'd like to have a slice of pizza too but will have to figure out shedule once a date is set. I think I'll be dining on some fine coastal lake Michigan cusine a few times this coming summer too!:punk:

yup for sure pizza or what ever we can find really hahaha, im sure this will keep growing into a ride/meet but way too far ahead for me to commit to anything..... like i ever do :rofl_200:

Back