BIG THANKS to Dragmaxster! Still need some help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just used the proper size fuel line. Call Sean... he knows exact lengths. My theory is that it creates a pressure issue inside the carb when wind makes its way down the vent elbows at speed.

No I don't have them, didn't have them on it when I bought it. They go 4-1 and then into the bottom of the air box right?

No I don't have them, didn't have them on it when I bought it. They go 4-1 and then into the bottom of the air box right?

No, there are two (one is shorter than the other) that go to each side and up to the hole on the sides of the airbox.

Well thats why Seans kit....vs the stage 7, still has them. There has been talk of this before on the VMOA group.

You got a link? I have the same bog in all gears so it doesn't seem speed dependent. I get that there might be a venturi of some sort like a stack on a smoker. Makes me wonder. I'd like to read about it, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see that two go to the airbox but where do the other two go? Do the tie into the lines that go to the airbox?

If you look at the red arrows on each side of the airbox on step 5 there are 2 lines on each side- the hoses plug onto a metal piece that screws to the airbox.
I had pics of them and just sold them to someone in maine last week. Sorry.

It's pretty thin walled tubing. I think it's 5/16". If not, it's 1/4"

If you look at the red arrows on each side of the airbox on step 5 there are 2 lines on each side- the hoses plug onto a metal piece that screws to the airbox.
I had pics of them and just sold them to someone in maine last week. Sorry.

Ok now I can see it, had to really look to see them both. I'm at work now and didn't ride because of the rear brake issue but tomorrow afternoon ill probably be able to mess with it.

You got a link? I have the same bog in all gears so it doesn't seem speed dependent. I get that there might be a venturi of some sort like a stack on a smoker. Makes me wonder. I'd like to read about it, though.

I will have to post the conversation....I cant post a link to the VMOA chat.

Gentlemen
Help me out. I have an 89 Max with 46k miles, stage 7 jet kit and supertrapps. It idols, accelerates and cruises perfect. However at 70mph or above when I put my feet on hi-way foots pegs mounted on the Yamaha case guards it seems to surge. Put feet back on the pegs no surge. Has anyone run into this. Any suggestions?

Thanks much,

Buffalobob

Bob, are you using the float bowl vent tubes and if so where do you have the oulets mounted?
maleko89

This can be vexing. Have you made sure your fluid level in the carb bowls is correct?

Magicpig
2006 and 2010 vmax

Old problem. If you don't remove tubes from vents when doing stage 7, you need to mount them near original position when attached to airbox.

Don Smith

So basically Don "oldman" Smith and Mark (Maleko89) Hit the nail on the head right off the bat.

after hoses id make sure your wet float level is correct and i might have missed what needles are you running?...they might need a shim to the richer side...i had similar issue on one of my bikes and that fixed her right up....

I'm a nube here but have you check your tank & fuel filter for rust build up? I was having some stumbling much worse than yours and when I pulled the fuel filter it was filled with rust and the tank had been left half full at best by the PO. Cleaned and sealed it and seems to be running fine now.

Back